Legal in FL

Started by USA450R, August 24, 2005, 06:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USA450R

Just moved to FL frm Phx. What do I need, how much money and where can I get the proper documents/stickers to ride in FL. I am thinking about going to Ocala this weekend.

Do I need my title in FL? I dont since my lienholder is Honda Finance(they still have title).

Please advise.

Thx
2007 Honda TRX450ER

2007 - Engine by ATP // Port // Valve work // CRF 450 Exhaust valve // Top End work // Pro Design Intake w/K&N // Stage 2 cam // 14:1 ATP Piston // Rossier // Pro Taper // Nerfs

A-Arms, Suspension, MXR6s next

Bigscrb15

you dont have to have the title, but it would help if you had a bill of sale. I have never had a problem, and I dont carry anything with me while I ride other than a DL. I would just go ride and have fun and if you have a ranger stop you they can lookup the VIN and see its not stolen and you are the owner.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

atvtrailer

croom and the new place up near talahassee are the only 2 places that require the title( or proof of purchase), ocala dont require either
05 450r #13B

lisa

  That might not be the case for Ocala anymore...I was just at Host training, and we did discuss the title for the ATVs.

  I will email my trainer and verify.

  Do you have someone to go with? I have a jeep, not an ATV, and I am not sure how free I am for the weekend.

  Where in ONF were you planning on going? Are you aware of the closed areas? Are you planning on getting a map at the Visitor's Center? I highly recommend getting one.

  Be aware that ATVs are only allowed on non-numbered roadways. You are allowed to cross numbered roads only...there are many more rules and regs for the forest you should know to stay safe and fine-free.
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

jwscroll

Lisa, You mean they're trying to force us to bring titles to Ocala? What about out of state riders?
Seems like there is alot of confusion on what the rules are. Where is the money going for all these ATV titles? I don't even use state riding land why should I pay for not maintianing it. I'd be willing to buy a Federal sticker though, at least then I'd be able to fool myself into believing the money was helping the forest.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

FloridaATVs-com

Quote from: jwscroll on August 25, 2005, 06:09:13 AM
Lisa, You mean they're trying to force us to bring titles to Ocala? What about out of state riders?
Seems like there is alot of confusion on what the rules are. Where is the money going for all these ATV titles? I don't even use state riding land why should I pay for not maintianing it. I'd be willing to buy a Federal sticker though, at least then I'd be able to fool myself into believing the money was helping the forest.

All Wildlife Management Areas are maintained by taxes imposed on items like firearms, ammunition, arrows, etc. Bascially, all the WMAs are funded by hunters, and hunters only. What the funds are used for from ATV titles? Dunno!
[url="//www.floridaatvs.com"]www.floridaatvs.com[/url]
www.TRXForums.com

Njoutlaw88

ocalas tight. Dont need anything to go there.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com