Reasons I HATE croom. Boycott it

Started by Njoutlaw88, August 17, 2005, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njoutlaw88

I know I often tell people I hate croom but I never tell them why. Here are my reasons. And don't tell me I havent seen the good parts of croom because I went there every weekend for a year.

1. WHOOPS. I don't mind whoops to a certain point but these whoops are insaining. Everypart of the trail is whoops and once in a while you'll get a short straight away.

2. Theres no where to go fast. There are no straight aways except for that persons driveway in the middle of croom. You can go fast on the property sarounding croom but if you dont want to get shot dont go on private property.

3. Too many trees. another reason why you cant go fast is to many trees.

4. The restrictions. If you ride on a main road your risking a ticket, if you ride at night your risking a ticket. Most of the croom people are usually pretty crappy if you go on the wrong rode by accident.

The only things I do like about croom is the fact that it reminds me of up north and there are some cool landmarks.

I say we boycott croom until the whoops are gone. Why can't they just put down crushed stone like they do up north to stop whoops. We should write the state about this problem. Also They should trim the trees on the trails. Ocala is so much better

apkkfx400

One other reason that needs to be added $50 permit for the annual pass.  The very least they could do is some minor maintainance with the money their making off the permits!!!!

I'm not a big fan of Croom either-bought a pass last year and went almost a dozen times-mostly to get the use out of pass-but I probably won't be back until I hear some improvements are made or if Tate's Hell up north is any good!!---since now, I believe paying for one of the annual passes is good for both parks.

Croom rating=great for camping, not so great for riding!!


kawGIRL

Think about what you are saying here, BUT! Croom is a legal place to ride ... :o  I know how you feel but I don't think you should advertise it on the internet!  The state can just take all of our riding spots away.

Don't like it? Don't ride there!

Or you could ask someone if you can help and bring in a tractor in to smooth out the whoops  ;)

And as far as getting tickets, you were obviously not following the rules...Right?
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: kawGIRL on August 17, 2005, 03:53:40 PM
Think about what you are saying here, BUT! Croom is a legal place to ride ... :o  I know how you feel but I don't think you should advertise it on the internet!  The state can just take all of our riding spots away.

Don't like it? Don't ride there!

Or you could ask someone if you can help and bring in a tractor in to smooth out the whoops  ;)

And as far as getting tickets, you were obviously not following the rules...Right?

they wouldnt allow someone to come in a do it. I have written to the state and I dont brake the rules they just find reasons to get u.

ZRIDER

Please stop whining about Croom.  It is the only legal place for some of us to ride anymore.  You know every time you enter the gate that the conditions are gonna be the same.  So if you hate whoops, tight trails, and some sort of rules then stop going.  Also, you must not spend a lot of time at Croom because there are plenty of places to go fast.  You need to either learn the forest or learn to ride faster.

TRX450R_Racer

#5
If you ride a sport quad it is perfect for practicing to race or just get in shape for any competitionXC. If you ride a utility it might be to tight in the trees. If you are sa sport rider than the reason you can't go fast is you can't ride.  The reason for the road restrictions is a 12 year old girl got killed on the road. No offense. I like Croom.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

NPRVinson


Njoutlaw88

Quote from: ZRIDER on August 17, 2005, 04:23:25 PM
Please stop whining about Croom.  It is the only legal place for some of us to ride anymore.  You know every time you enter the gate that the conditions are gonna be the same.  So if you hate whoops, tight trails, and some sort of rules then stop going.  Also, you must not spend a lot of time at Croom because there are plenty of places to go fast.  You need to either learn the forest or learn to ride faster.

like i said, i rode there every weekend for a year, i've seen all of it. and i'm not whining i just think they should improve it.

LakeMaryKid

Do you ever make a post where you dont need a bottle stuck in your mouth? Never been there, had lots of friends go there and seen pictures. Your on a dirtbike, of all people you shouldnt say you cant go fast. Easiest thing to ride whoops on. Put down rock? Are you crazy? Takes away all the fun of sliding and dust and less give if you crash. And i agree with what TRX450rRacer is saying
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

o4250

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on August 17, 2005, 06:06:28 PM
Do you ever make a post where you dont need a bottle stuck in your mouth?


Nope, never.

Suzuki_Outlaw

Hey nj  I have rode there every other weekend for the last 15 years    and love it     go to ocalo   stop wining and get a life.....ITS LEGAL   AND HAS A NICE CAMPING AREA........

LT-R450ApK

Im with suzuki outlaw on this,I had a sport quad that was 49" wide and i rode every part of that place in atleast 4 gear or faster,Them whoops are a walk in the park if you ever rode the power lines out at big scrub,and last time i checked atv ment woods and woods equals trees If you dont like that then ride in your drive way,Its got a straight away  no whoops and you dont have to pay fiddy bucks

Just my 2cents

Hey G"Suki Outlaw" you gonna be out there this weekend???
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

#74 crf250r

I have a yz85 I usually ride at sunshine motocross but every once and a while I go to croom for trails it's alot of fun there are alot of whoops that get old after a while but the place is huge just dont like to go when it's real wet .
[url="http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg"]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg[/url]
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C

Gamer

If they had alot of water and mudpits you would not have to worry about WHOOPS being there.   ;D


Njoutlaw88

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on August 17, 2005, 06:06:28 PM
Do you ever make a post where you dont need a bottle stuck in your mouth? Never been there, had lots of friends go there and seen pictures. Your on a dirtbike, of all people you shouldnt say you cant go fast. Easiest thing to ride whoops on. Put down rock? Are you crazy? Takes away all the fun of sliding and dust and less give if you crash. And i agree with what TRX450rRacer is saying

dude dont insult me. little pepples are the best. they stop whoops and u can slide better on them then sand.

bigscrub79

I will tell you what, if you ride behind Da_mtg_man when he is on his King Quad you would much rather have sand than pebbles.  i dont see how pebbles or rock would be a good idea.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

310R_Dude

Obviously the Boycott idea is NOT taking hold, hehe!
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

apkkfx400

I don't necessarily agree with putting down pebbles but flattening some of the long straight whoop sections from time to time can't cost that much. 

As for the comment of taking equipment into Croom-why should I have to.  Thousands of people pay for the $50 annual permit and the ones that get PAID for their job should do it.  The other thing that sucks about the permit-When my family visits and brings their quads to ride-Croom doesn't have a weekend or daily pass-It's $50 a pop-THAT'S B.S-

apkkfx400

If you can say a weekend of riding at Croom is worth $50-let me hear it. 

Yeah, it maybe legal to ride there but how fun is it when you have to constantly worry about running into someone else head on around the many blind corners.  I can go fast at Croom-that I'm not arguing-but I don't want to carried out in an ambulance/helicopter/meat wagon either-it's not that fun!!

All I'm saying is there is definitely room for some improvement with the profits that are made!!!

A couple-

1) one way trail system
2) flattening out whoops from time to time

apkkfx400


cubnfrank

I hate the whoops to. But without the whoops you'd have alot more injuries. There like speed bumps. To many idiots on bikes racing around like there the only ones there.  Without the whoops you'd be hitting alot more trees
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

Old_School

There is a reason why the whoops are there. To keep the speeds down. If there wasn't any whoops I'm sure there would be more accidents. Yes, I agree there are too many of them there but since it's only 1 hr from my house and Ocala is another 1.5 hours I'll go to croom when I don't want to get up at 6am and spend 50$ in gas to ride on some straight aways Croom is all that is there. Ride in the wooded areas and find a straight away. There is only trail between the pit and the campground that I got to the top of 4th on my quad. It was a little bumpy but nothing like the whoop road on the west side of the park.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

cubnfrank

jmpnkfx400, I do like your one way trail system idea. I don't know how it would be to do. It would sure save on head on collisions.
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

apkkfx400

I thought about that everytime we went out there-I think it would be possible and probably not that hard to map out-a one way trail system that is.  I hate worrying about the good possibility of a head on out there-for the sake of both parties that would be involved.

Mark 

Njoutlaw88

Quote from: jmpnkfx400 on August 18, 2005, 02:02:46 PM
I thought about that everytime we went out there-I think it would be possible and probably not that hard to map out-a one way trail system that is.  I hate worrying about the good possibility of a head on out there-for the sake of both parties that would be involved.

Mark 

I agree. I dont like the idea of hiting someone and its almost happend to me before. I don't mean to brag but if they gave me some money I could easily make the place one of the best spots in the country. It has great potential (however you spell it)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com