Eurika Dam Group Ride II

Started by girlieblazer, August 11, 2005, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susieblazer


  Are the sport quads going to ride casually or will this be an all out hell bent speed ride?? I did pretty well on the first ride with only a minor bruise, but I am not up to a real speed event ........LOL
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

ppark350se

im on a sport and im gonna get one of those backpacs that hold water instead of a cooler cuz that was a pain to carry on a sport.   and how do you download the updates for the rhino or is there not one?
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

GSPKurt

Quote from: ppark350se on August 14, 2005, 02:19:03 AM
im on a sport and im gonna get one of those backpacs that hold water instead of a cooler cuz that was a pain to carry on a sport.   and how do you download the updates for the rhino or is there not one?

Go to the Garmin website and look for updates. They'll give you instructions there.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Grizzlygirl

Quote from: spacerider on August 13, 2005, 01:40:47 AM
Mama Grizz - I will need to be on the same run as Susieblazer - I also have a nextel would that work and maybe we can get a nextel group to get numbers and stay in contact as well - let me know and i will give out the number
pm me with the numbers making a list for everyone just in case
   Mama Grizz

Grizzlygirl

#54
Ok everyone the official Eurika Dam Group Ride II List
   Date Oct 1       Meeting at 8 am Starting at 9 am
  Please pm me with emergency contact number
    Also 2 groups which group your are in Ute or sport
    If you want where you are staying
* this means I received your emergency number

  The Grizz Family Staying at Elite                   4* Ute 
   Girlieblazer04 and Flsportsman05 plus 1     3* UTE
   Jjamesbar                                                    1* Ute
   Matt                                                             1   sport
   jbbj220                                                        1*sport
   GSXR1000                                                     2  rhino
   Susieblazer                                                   2  sport 
   Bigscrub15                                                    1   ute
   Spacerider                                                     1   sport 
   Bigscrub79                                                    1   ute
   Ppark350SE                                                 1    sport 
    Jwscroll                                                         ute
   Backinsaddle                                                2* sport 
    Seabeejim                                                   2  ute
    dirtygrl80                                                     1 ute-sport
    GSPkirt                                                          1 ute
    Chillinthemost                                                 Rhino
    Muddbuggy                                                     1 ute
    Qt314NFLA                                                      2 ute
     450RRRR                                                         3 sport
     JR                                                                   2 ute

qt314nfla

I'm in for October 1st.  Not sure if I'll have anyone w/ me yet.  I'll give you the update if I do.  I'm in now for one ute.

jjamesbar

Quote from: jwscroll on August 13, 2005, 10:01:37 AM
My wife and I will be there and I would love to do another toy run. We'll be on the twins ( Ranchers) for planning purposes.
         Jeff, should I get one of those radios that ya'll had? Let me know what type to get so that it's compatible with yours and we can use them again.

what was the fanal tally for the the toy run?

check with it200 on the rhino radio's, seems like he and dm johnson had them.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

someone needs to step up and leed the sport quads.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: Chillinthemost on August 14, 2005, 01:44:11 AM
had a great time on the Rhino with my son last time. If he wants to go again(of course he does) I'll Rhino it.

if you bring the rhino then i'll have a ride back.  ;D

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jwscroll

Just a heads up, Bowhunting season starts Sep. 24th. Bright colors are recommended.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

jbbj220

I ride a sport but I can not do a full blast afterburner 6th gear ride for very long. I like the very technical trails with lots of turns not the get on a road and see how fast it will go. Logs to cross and sharp of camber turns are fun, oh well will just have to wait and see, either way I am looking forward to this ride.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

qt314nfla

MammaGrizz add one guest to my list so far.

450RRRR

we have 3 sport. my wife, son and my self. i can do a full afterburner ride for about a 1/2 hour.... then leave us some bread crumbs to fallow.we dont have to kill our selves , but a little quicker pace than last time would be good,,,

jjamesbar

Quote from: jbbj220 on August 15, 2005, 12:24:45 PM
I like the very technical trails with lots of turns not the get on a road and see how fast it will go. Logs to cross and sharp of camber turns are fun, oh well will just have to wait and see, either way I am looking forward to this ride.
   Jim,

jim, the trail from chillinthemosts place to eurika dam has a real fun part with high bearms and sharp turns. its not whooped up (too bad) either. its even fun on a ute. most of us didnt ride that trail on the last ride, we need to make sure we hit it this time.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: GSPKurt on August 13, 2005, 01:24:47 AM
I'm in for 10/1. Jeff, I'll bring my GMRS/FRS radios and take the back.  ;D

Ute, of course, and I'll bring my tow straps!

great, you and it200 were a big help last time.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

ppark350se

yes the trail from chillen`s place to the pit is aswome but thanks to a bad supsion setup i could not go fast for long.
i would like to speed the pace up a little but i cant ride allout all day.
i be commin up with suzieblazer so i woulnt be able to take off to far so i dont lose them.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

cdc120

I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?

qt314nfla

Ocala national forest on the west side.  I could tell you more but then you have to go w/ us.

GSXR1000

Quote from: NPRVinson on August 12, 2005, 11:01:42 PM
What about the cottages at Oklawaha, there is always Mill Dam also. We might make it, depends on work. It would be a last minute thing if so.

GSXR1000 is in only for 10/1 and will be staying at Oklawaha site # 9 again and we know that some tenter's didn't like it there but the cabins there are very nice and sleep up to 8 I think in some of the one's with lofts full bath and kitchens also
and we will ride in the utility ride as we are bringing the new rhino.. but if everyone is staying at salt springs we my stay in the rv there instead so let us know what's going on with the date..See ya Tami

qt314nfla

My group is talking about either tenting it like we did last time or getting a cabin at Oklawaha.

JR

Mamma Grizz  Add 2 utes for JR to the ride please.

IT200

I'll be there with my Rino radio.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

GSPKurt

Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?

Welcome, cdc120! Of course you can come! Where do you live? What do you ride?
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

muddmxr

Quote from: cdc120 on August 15, 2005, 10:24:30 PM
I'm new to the sight. Can any one come? I'm also new to Florida, where is eurika dam?
We are new to the site too.  Some ppl have to be smart a**'s to the newbies on the site but all seem cool in person.  We went to the first ride there and had a good time.  If you go to the thread for Eurika Dam Group Ride I there are good directions and a map.  Bring lots to drink!
700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman

ppark350se

yes drinks are a must i learned that on the first ride lots of water is a must.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com