Donna is OK!!

Started by GSPKurt, August 06, 2005, 07:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPKurt

All-
Thank you for your help and concern. Donna took 27 stitches externally and many internally. She is home and resting. Will be a nasty scar, though.




[attachment deleted by admin]
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

IT200

Thats great we are all glad she is doing well. I hope she is back on her feet in no time. We all thought Donna was one tough lady, brave as could be.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

Qdawg76

Thats great, Glad she is ok, That is one tough Woman you have there, with that opening in her leg she didnt even know it was there till you noticed it.
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

GSPKurt

Quote from: Flsportsman05 on August 06, 2005, 08:08:10 PM
Thats great, Glad she is ok, That is one tough Woman you have there, with that opening in her leg she didnt even know it was there till you noticed it.

Thanks for the medical assistance. We appreciate it very much.

I think she was distracted by the damage to her new quad and didn't notice the injury.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

ppark350se

glad shes okay and still cant belive she didnt feel it but hope shes ready to ride again reall soon.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

susieblazer



So glad that Donna is on the mend............she has a very high tolerance! But she still has a standing ride date when shes A-OK...........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

jjamesbar

i still amazed how tough she is.  she took some serious falls and the thing is she acted so immune to the pain. what a trooper.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

dreth

i heard through the grape vine that she should be a UFC FIGHTER! Get better Donna ;)

jbbj220

Glad tohear that you are going to be OK. Was thinking about all the rest of the day. You are one tough lady. Heard that she rode for about 20 min after this happened. Get better soon.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Quadzilla

Ya'll were riding like 3 bikes in front of me and i was amazed at the time she didn't appear hurt.  Donna just got right back on ane away we went again.  But it coulda easily been a  lot worse that it was.  Hope your feelin better girl!!!!!!!

Brian
01 rancher all stock......for now!

wilburz

Glad to hear she will be ok. Get well soon! ;D
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Grizzlygirl

Donna
  Glad you're ok those tree branches can be dangerous.
Happened to my daughter once a branch came thru the plastic but missed her leg. Get well soon
Mama Grizz

MrsPureLogic

"My hat is off to you Donna."  Hope you're feeling better!  :-\

GSPKurt

Thanks, all. I am showing the good wishes to Donna right now. She is tough as concrete! She's hurtin' today, but will be up and around in no time. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

qt314nfla

She's amazing.  I don't know how you did it.  I was right behind her when it happened.  Like a champ she got right on the quad and rode it.  Can't belive you didn't feel it.  You are one tough lady.  I'm so impressed.  I'll look forward to riding w/ y'all again when you get better.

bigscrub79

Glad to hear she is OK, that was nasty looking but it didnt bother her at all, i was more worried about GSPKURT looked like it was hurting him worse.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

GET WELL SOON. You sure are one tough cookie. ;)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

05greengriz

Hang in there Donna, as tuff as you are you'll be riding by saturday ;D

I haven't met a bad person from the site yet, but saturday really showed me all of the good family we have here while Donna had her mishap. Thanks atvflorida.
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Honda328i

Donna, wow, what a weekend!  Glad to hear that you are ok.  I can't imagine how you didn't feel that?  As you can see, you have a great group of people around you who jumped to get you out safely.  What a trooper you are.  Were you ever in the military?  :)  Hope to see you on the next ride.   --Steve (The one who used to live in Indiana)

P.S. you can keep my ice pack as a souvenir  ;D  j/k LOL
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

backinsaddle

I don't think I  got to meet you Donna, but glad you're doing o.k.  I'm curious, I think I hit the same tree/branch that she did.  About a mile before we stopped in that field to get Donna treatment, we were running through some long straight-aways in the woods.  Towards the end of one of the straight-aways there was a tree across the trail laying to the right, with a branch facing like a lance (i know there were a lot of downed trees, but i think this was the only one in the area she got injured).  I was running fairly fast, thought I had room but as I got closer I realized how little room there was.  I just ducked down as low as I could and hung on.  I ended up with a ripped jersey, a good bruise on my shoulder, and a big tear in my camelbak.  I think it's the same tree, and if she hadn't already broken the branch, it would have been me rather than her being hauled out.  Anyone know if this is the same spot?

qt314nfla

I was behind her and that sounds about like where the tree got her.  Glad you didn't get it too bad.  I think we need to go back and give that tree a punishin' for trying to abuse our family.

backinsaddle

Gotta figure out how to rig a couple chainsaws to the front of the quad...keep em running the entire time and slice our own path   ;D

Maybe we should put up a post in the pics section "Show your bruises"

Grizzlygirl

After the hurricanes last year we did bring chainsaws
Ask Jeff u only went 10' between down trees
    Mama Grizz 

dmljohnson

glad she' ok......get well soon, hope to see you all on the next ride.......
What dont kills you make you stronger
Bad is never good until worse happens
Behind an able man there are always other able men
Be slow in choosing a friend, but slower in changing him
By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn

mudmonkey

i'm sure she'll be up and riding soon!!! glad to hear she's ok!!  :)
courtney
[url="//myspace.com/atvracer9210"]myspace.com/atvracer9210[/url]

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.

caospop

Get well soon Donna.  ::)
2007 Polaris Sportsman

jjamesbar

Quote from: Mama Grizz on August 08, 2005, 11:39:53 PM
After the hurricanes last year we did bring chainsaws
Ask Jeff u only went 10' between down trees
    Mama Grizz 

right. about half the trails we rode on this ride atvflorida opened up right after the hurricanes. it was an adventure.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

gery350

glad to hear your ok.  ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com