Fresh from the machine shop. Now what do I use to paint on them?

Started by LonesomeTriZ, August 03, 2005, 09:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonesomeTriZ

I just got this Tri-Z jug, YTM jug and YTM head back from the machine shop. I want them shiny black, but they are made out of aluminum and I know you can not use regular engine paint on aluminum. Give me some ides you all. I really want to get this back on the trikes as soon as possible.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

jwscroll

Powder coat. Tougher and lasts longer, also withstands heat well.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

LonesomeTriZ

Really. I never knew it could handle heat. I will look into that. Thanks.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

jwscroll

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

J.D.

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

LonesomeTriZ

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

Hollywood

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

LonesomeTriZ

That is not too far. I will get in touch with them. Thanks.
Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.

310R_Dude

If I may say so... powdercoating might be too thick
and cause over heating problems. Your best bet is
an etching primer(usually applied thin) followed by
some type of high heat gloss black(thin as well).
Just put enough paint on until it is covered.

Just my two cents, your mileage will very. Goodluck.
Hope it turns out for you.

Dano out
Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.

535banshee

we do powder coating and it will not cause it to over heat. that your best choice