I'm retired

Started by Moose, July 31, 2005, 10:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Well it's official, I'm now home from work and am now retired after 32 years on the job. I'm on cloud nine. Now for a little break, then find something to do part time, when I want.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Chillinthemost

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bigscrub79

Congrats, i am counting down the days for my retirement.

ONLY  8799 days left.  I cant wait im getting excited. j/k

but seriously COngratulations it must be great.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Congrats Bruce. I know you've been waiting for this for a while now.
Now get that camper cleaned up so we have somewhere to sleep next weekend.  ;)
I'll call you tomorrow, I'm having problems getting my hydraulics to work on mine.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

susieblazer



    Wow what is the secret to retirement at 50 when SS says I gotta be 62 or 72????????????????????  I want some of that deal   LOL      Anyways congratulations!!!
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

CAOSPOP

Bruce congrats I cant wait for my turn !!!!!

big-daddy

bruce,congratulations!!!  See ya next week
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

jbbj220

CONGRATS, and I am soooooo jelous. What is your secret, I just turned 62 and figure the best that I can do is between 68 and 70 before I can retire.

   Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Ida_Mann

congrats muchos sir, now you have no excuses not to go riding anymore ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MrsPureLogic

Wow congratulations!!  Enjoy!  ;)

Moose

ARG, is it time to get up already?  ;D 

I love the feeling right now sitting here with my first cup of coffee, retired.

Thanks everyone. No secret, the company I worked for is downsizing, and they made an offer to people 50 and older. They gave us 5 years added to our age and years of service, that gave me an age of 55 and 37 years service, only need 35 years service to get full retirement. SO I TOOK IT.

I'll be doing something shortly, can't stop at my age.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Moose

Oh, don't call me sir, that makes me feel old.  ;D  j/k
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Moose on August 01, 2005, 09:26:04 AM
Oh, don't call me sir, that makes me feel old.  ;D  j/k

OK, retiree, seasoned citizen?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

gery350

moose that is awesome. thats right take it. its a whole lot better than getting dumped on the curve like we see alot of companies do.  congrats and now its your time to do what you want.  you prob. got another 50 so live life and enjoy. ;) ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Moose

Quote from: gery350 on August 01, 2005, 11:27:11 AM
moose that is awesome. thats right take it. its a whole lot better than getting dumped on the curve like we see alot of companies do.  congrats and now its your time to do what you want.  you prob. got another 50 so live life and enjoy. ;) ;)

Thanks, that's right about getting dumped, it had a lot to do with making my decision. I have family and some good friends, some right here on this site, that had just that happen. I smelled a rat, so I got while the going was good.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

tekhanto

 ;D ;D   CONGRATULATIONS    I know that you are enjoying it especially the first few days sitting with the coffee.  Just remember this isn't a vacation you don't have to go back next week  SOOOOO soak it up and enjoy
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

Chuck_Norris

CONGRATS BRUCE!!! THAT JUST LEAVES MORE TIME FOR RIDING

Qdawg76

Congrats Bruce, Good to see that some people get to retire now a days.
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

Hollywood

Congrats Bruce! Now you have no excuses so when we riding? lol
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

devildog55

Quote from: susieblazer on July 31, 2005, 10:19:15 PM


    Wow what is the secret to retirement at 50 when SS says I gotta be 62 or 72????????????????????  I want some of that deal   LOL      Anyways congratulations!!!

if i stick withit a can retire at 41, now that would be great
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

Z400BADBOY

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
YOSHIMURA EXHAUST
FLY CHROME HANDLEBARS
DYNO JETTED 155
AC NERFS
AC BUMPER
OURY GRIPS
2 STAGE RACE READY FILTER
EHS AIR BOX KIT
REAR HOLESHOTS
ITP RIMS

sct450

if the cost of everything keeps going up there won't be retirement for some of us. i still have about 20 more years to go.but i work for myself so all i need is to find a few good workers and then i can think about retirement.
04 YFZ450
GO NOLES
GO PHINS

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com