Warrior Oil Drain Plug

Started by jbbj220, July 20, 2005, 11:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbbj220

Could someone tell me the size of the Warrior oil drain plug. Mine is rounded off and I want to get one of the tools from Sears that will grip it so I can get it out.

   Thanks,
      Jim,
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

jbbj220

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

AintSkeered

I'm having the same problem(350 Raptor), but, today it's turned into a nightmare. I bought a new drain plug before I started wrestling the old one off. Come to find out that Yamaha  redesigned it to now include wings around the 17mm nut. So, now if you round off the edges of the nut, you can tap on the wings to get it off. But, I used a Sears nut extractor on mine and just kept rounding off the nut, smaller and smaller, UNTIL IT BROKE OFF and oil went everywhere. Now, I'm stuck and haven't a clue how I'm going to get the rest of the drain plug off. Guess I'll have to strap on my 'ol Rockwell orifice protector and head on down to the local stealer and give him a huge laugh! Yikes!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

TRX450R_Racer

Use a hammer and a small chisel or a punch. You should be able to break it loose.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.