Mallory Swamp Ride 7/28/05

Started by GSPKurt, July 29, 2005, 12:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSPKurt

Me and my wife went to Mallory today. I'll say this- it gets hot out there on a July afternoon. Kind of hard to find, called SRWMD and got directions, but the directions weren't quite right. Called on the cell from Branford, finally figured it out. Basically, it is just riding on the roads there, no trails. I'm not sure I'd want to go on any trails there anyway. Saw a few deer, a couple of snakes. One part of the loop was closed as they were working on the road. We went around twice and logged about 35 miles. They need garbage cans at the parking area, and some more shade there wouldn't hurt. 20 MPH speed limit, but no one there to enforce it. I'll post photos in the photo section.
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

rhinotime

2004 Yamaha Rhino
27" XTR's 14" ITP's
Pro Circuit exhaust
Dynojet
K&N filter
2" lift
Snorkled
"JUST MASH IT AND LET EM EAT"

susieblazer


   :-\

       Looks nice Kurt, maybe we can go one weekend with you and Donna...............



           P.S. Glad you didn't get the pick-em-up stuck...heheee
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

GSPKurt

Quote from: rhinotime on July 29, 2005, 01:11:57 AM
where is Mallory Swamp at?

Mallory Swamp is on the Lafayette/Dixie county border 12 miles west and 12 miles south of Branford
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

GSPKurt

Quote from: susieblazer on July 30, 2005, 03:35:24 AM

   :-\

       Looks nice Kurt, maybe we can go one weekend with you and Donna...............



           P.S. Glad you didn't get the pick-em-up stuck...heheee
^^^^^^^^^^^

                                No kiddin'!!

There really isn't much there. I wouldn't make a special trip up, but if you're up in Trenton by the family, cool.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

GSPKurt

I'm sure there is, but not on the trails. I wouldn't want to venture off the trail, either. I'm sure SOMETHING venomous is waiting with open jaws!! :o
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Magnum330

Nice pics. looks like a nice place for spring or fall.
Donnie
Meet ya out on the trail.

GSPKurt

Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch