COMPUTER VIRUS ALERT

Started by CAOSPOP, July 26, 2005, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAOSPOP

 VIRUS WARNING NOT A HOAX HONEST
>>
>> Sharing this one and it was checked out at www.snopes.com  and is not a
>> hoax  so be  very careful ok! I ALSO CHECKED WITH TRUTH OR FICTION AND IT
>> SAYS IT IS TRUE.
>>
>> This is not a hoax:  Please Read
>>
>> I checked this out before I forwarded it....lol...too many hoaxes going
>> around lately. I checked this out at snopes. The link is below where you
>> can verify it yourself.
>>
Warning = it's real & confirmed.

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the
moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will
not be able to fix it!!!

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but
mainly in the US and Israel.

Don't be inconsiderate; send this warning to whomever you know.

Confirmed at: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/osama.asp

Origins: There are few headlines that would grab the attention of more
computer users around the world than "Osama bin Laden Captured," and
that's exactly what whoever created this lure was counting on to snare
unsuspecting victims who use Microsoft platforms.

"Osama bin Laden Captured" isn't a virus in itself; it's the text of a
message that includes a link to a file called EXPLOIT.EXE. When a message
recipient clicks on this link to view what he thinks are pictures of
Osama bin Laden's capture, he can end up downloading an executable Trojan
known as Backdoor-AZU, BKDR_LARSLP.A, Download.Trojan,
TrojanProxy.Win32.Small.b,or Win32.Slarp.  Clicking the embedded link in
the "Osama bin Laden Captured" message auto-executes a file called
"EXPLOIT.EXE," which exploits a known security hole to download the
Trojan. According to McAfee Security:


The Trojan opens a random port on the victim's machine. It sends the Port
information to a webpage at IP address 66.139.77.145. The Trojan listens
on the open port for instructions and redirects traffic to other IP
addresses. Spammers and hackers can take advantage of compromised systems
by using the infected computer as a middleman, allowing them to pass
information through it and remain anonymous.

Microsoft has made available updates that close the hole exploited by
this Trojan.


Qdawg76

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

americanhighlander

hey don't  go to gigglestick.com  they  will  more spy pops  and 4 trogain viruses,It was loading pop up pages  and  trying to crash
explorer in my windows.but i saved my pc using this programs.


I use spybot,noadware,spyware slayer,and demo of webroot spy sweeper,and one full ver of 4.0.01 registry mechanic and a demo of 5.0.0.136.

so i had unstalled Ie 6 and reinstalled  and every thing is working good.


Does anyone anyone know any   good spyware programs at store
I can buy and does almost all stuff.

I have hp 500mhz celoron intell p and 128ram  it's runing
on wins98se.

send me pm to my mailbox in here.

thanks,


[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

TRX350_On_The_Rack

The closest one I've seen for removing spyware is free at http://www.spywareinfo.com/xscan.php
You need to say "Yes" or click "Install" the 1st time to the message for the X-Cleaner control. Run it about once a week or more and you should be fine.
[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

gery350

cool. just ran the program and had a bunch of spyware removed. thanks.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

americanhighlander

 >:(  I had  reboot my  whole  yestday  and day  before  the same crap
is  doing again.Everything is  doing  fine.

Don't go to site  I was talking about  gigglestick.com   it hads  a  t virus
and screw  your  windows and crashs your  ex. 

don't  go to java  shockwave site  on that gigglestick.com
somebody need  report them on their t virus crap and their spyware pop up.

I have warn you about it So ain't worth going there.I'm so piss off at that site.

thank's
amhighlander
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

RL400

yay for Mac OS X and a virus free operating system.  Thanks for the warning though, i still use windows from time to time.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com