Upgrade to message board.

Started by mrbones, May 27, 2005, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbones

Thanks!

As it turns out, a lot of people couldn't post a message. The permissions got all messed up during the upgrade. So newbies could only reply to a topic, etc.

So hear this, unless you are a guest (not registered), you should be able to start new topics, start polls, see attachments, reply to topics, report posts, receive notifications, add an event to the calendar, search, etc. All the basic stuff.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

jjamesbar

im having to log on each time i come to the site. run time error is coming up and it ask me if i want to debug every time i log on or move around on the site.

please help.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

tribal shee

Mr. bones, I  am a junior member but had to re- register myself because it said I didn't exist. Now I'm back to being a newbie. Is there anyway I can get my seniority back or am I just stuck? Thanks Mike

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

mrbones

Quote from: tribal shee on June 14, 2005, 08:26:36 PM
Mr. bones, I  am a junior member but had to re- register myself because it said I didn't exist. Now I'm back to being a newbie. Is there anyway I can get my seniority back or am I just stuck? Thanks Mike

Lets just fix your old one. I need details; user name, screen name, email address used on the account.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

gery350

mr bones-question. when my son or i am on we cant log off to switch identities. the logout faeture doesnt work. any ideas. :-\
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

jjamesbar

well the debug question has stopped coming up but i still have to log on each time i sign on. ??

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

mrbones

Unfortunately, the chat room was causing some errors. It had to go. I'll have to look for an updated chat room when it's available.

Those with login problems; what browser are you using?

I had the same logout error using Firefox. I just went into Tools, Options, Cookies,  View Cookies, and deleted the ATVFlorida.com cookies. The problem went away.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

RL400

#58
Mr Bones-

I am having problems viewing (some) attachments.  I scanned through this thread looking if someone has a similar problem, i saw nothing, my mistake if i missed..

For example Dreth's thread titled "Dreth AND T2Raptor are BACK!!!!!!!!!" (link)   

In that thread i see 4 attachments.
I see the first post's attachment, 5th's, 6th's, and 25th's.  From reading the other posts in that thread by him, i assume that there are attachments....  So its only showing a select few.  For the ones that don't show up it looks like a normal post without an attachment, it doesnt even say there is an attachment.

I am using FireFox:Mac on OS X, i also tried Internet Explorer:Mac, and Safari.  I also double checked to see if i was logged in while on the page.  Also, i checked my account preferences to see if there was some attachment viewing option, i saw nothing.  Also, i am waiting untill it says "Done" at the bottum left, so i know its done loading the page.

Edit: Just tested this on my other computer (Windows XP Pro, Firefox browser), Same results. This is not the only thread, i just used it as an example.  There has been a few others.

Is it just me?

mrbones

If it's not an attachment, it's an image linked to the thread through the tags. If those don't show up, the link is dead.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

RL400

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on June 20, 2005, 11:12:58 AM
If it's not an attachment, it's an image linked to the thread through the tags. If those don't show up, the link is dead.

I dont think he was using [img] tags, i clicked quote on some of the posts and it didnt have them in the quoted text.

From my post above, can anyone see the images i said i couldnt see?

qt314nfla

Thanks for the changes on logging in.  It's nice to have that back and not have to log in all the time.  I'll look forward to when the chat room is up and running again.  Thanks Mr. Bones.

jjamesbar

bones,
everything is good now. thanks

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com