Now we are buying AIR!!????

Started by stump66, July 20, 2005, 04:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stump66

What I am refering to is a piece I just saw on the new in tampa. The Olin Mott stores there are now offering you a choice between regular air which If memory serves me correct is about 80% Nitrogen 18-19% oxygen and the rest are flurocarbons and other gasses. if I am wrong please feel free to correct me. But you can now go to there store and have "NEW NITROGEN" instead of  AIR!!! put in yours tires for 4 bucs a tire or free with new tires. The high pressure Nitrogen extraction machine cost 70K. This is suposed to increase your fuel milage.
GIMME A FRICKIN BRAKE!!!
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

TRX350_On_The_Rack

[url="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg"]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/captcunundrum/atvr6.jpg[/url]

stump66



In my opinion its just another business trying to make an extra buck off the people because our gas prices have soared so incredibly high. People are willing to try anything to get an extra mile to the gallon. Look back in recent years of how many devices ,chemicals and snake oils have come on the market. I feel for Y'aal driving the big block and diesel rigs. My Expedition gets about 14 at best and decreased now since I increased the amount of rubber I'm slinging. ie bigger tires.
Old man Mott should really think about those HIGH dollar expenses but if he's got the cash have at it. I just wish I was the talented sales man that closed that deal. I know old man Mott and he can be a tight wad.
GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!

ronny86250r

well i guess we need to recycle or reclaim our own gas, just eat more beans haha, but you guys are right just another way to make a buck !

big-daddy

#4
Nitrogen gas is used on the race car tires and to power the air tools. It as no moisture (no water) like compressed air. Also it doesn't matter if the tire is hot or cold, it doesn't expand like compressed air. But as far as gas mileage?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

dvx400#1

like big daddy said nitrogen is free of moisture and will not expand and contract and  it holds the tire pressure better. if anyone is interested i have a 2500 psi tank and i will air your tires for $8 for all tires that's a savins of $8 dollars . pretty good considering that it only cost me $12 to fill the tank up.

cain73

I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard it's better for the rubber compounds. I was told it acts like a preservative compared to regular air.
Randal - I'll be coming over, and no I aint bringing $8 dollars !
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

big-daddy

I do it for $5.00 and clean your windshield.. ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Ida_Mann

I got a bicycle pump,,,,think I could make a few bucks?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

dj_pizzim

Quote from: big-daddy on July 20, 2005, 06:15:13 PM
Nitrogen gas is used on the race car tires and to power the air tools. It as no moisture (no water) like compressed air. Also it doesn't matter if the tire is hot or cold, it doesn't expand like compressed air. But as far as gas mileage?

Ummm sorry but nitrogen does increase / decrease with tempatures.  There have been many test to prove the fact.  "According to Robert Boyle, (1660),
and Gay-Lussac (1802), scientists who extensively studied how gases "work,"
the racers' nitrogen belief just can't be true. Most conclusive is Gay-Lussac's
studies. He found that all gases expand at the same rate with heat."

im not trying to W++R+ your thread more so agree with you as filling you tires with nitrogen will do the same as filling them with regular air or co2
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

PureLogic

Another tire filled with air is aircraft tires.  FAA mandates all aircraft tire must be filled to proper pressure with 100'/. Nitrogen. And how many times have you blown air on a humid day and got water out of the airlines??? I always have. Nitrogen is better for your tires no b.s.ing  around.
[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

PureLogic

Quote from: big-daddy on July 20, 2005, 06:15:13 PM
Nitrogen gas is used on the race car tires and to power the air tools. It as no moisture (no water) like compressed air. Also it doesn't matter if the tire is hot or cold, it doesn't expand like compressed air. But as far as gas mileage?
He is not saying it does NOT expand or contract... He is saying it DOES NOT DO IT AS MUCH AS compressed air.


[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

jbbj220

I have used nitrogen in my tires for years. The tires last longer and I have noticed a diff in the gas mileage but not enough to buy the nitrogen. The nitrogen does expand and contract with temp changes just not as much. It is used in aircraft tires and many other places on an aircraft for that reason. By the press. not changeing as much tires last longer and the ride is better.

   Jim,
   
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com