BLASTER FORUM

Started by WAKORB, July 21, 2005, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaster ride @ ONF on November 19th

i'll be there
0 (0%)
i'll come but only to show every one how slow they are
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

WAKORB

I HAVE A 2005 YAMAHA BLASTE YFS-200 AND WAS WONDERING WHAT MODS OTHER BLASTER OWNERS ARE DOING AND WHAT HAS WORKED WELL. I HAVE ATTACHED SOME LINKS AND MODS I HAVE DONE IN A PDF FILE MADE FROME AN EXCEL SPREAD SHEET, IF YOU WERE TO WANT IT JUST PM ME IT WORKS GREAT. IT SHOWS THE MPH RANGE WITH DIFRENT GEARING OPTIONS IN ALL 6 GEARS AND AT EVERY 1000 RMP UP TO 10,000 RPMS.

[attachment deleted by admin]

otto

I added wheel spacers front and rear. They made the quad much more stable.
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

Hoosier Daddy

i have some new blaster race plastic if anyone is interested..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

WAKORB

WHERE DID YOU GET THE SPACERS AND WHAT IS THE PROS AND CONS OF SPACERS AND WHICH  ONES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS?

WAKORB

Quote from: Quad32x on July 22, 2005, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: WareRacing07 on July 22, 2005, 08:20:34 AM
i have some new blaster race plastic if anyone is interested..
  Parts  slut ! ;D ;D

DON' >:(T POST COMENTS THAT DONT HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH WHAT IS SAID! THANKS

WAKORB

many people ask about what pipe is the best and everyone argues brands not prefomance with dyno results to back it up as well as riding style type so what pipe gives the most horsepower for a blaster 200 for instance. On a stock machine, you can build 10 different pipes and not really see more than 1 HP between all of them but as you build a motor the right pipe can make all the difference. The reason being, head pipe diameter can adjust your torque up and down, head pipe length will adjust where your power comes in at and the muffler system or megaphone on the end of that tuned length will also make a difference. Each rider has his own style of riding - one may ride the machine like a 125 always wide open and in a high rpm mode and another may ride like an open class rider short shifting and using the torque of the motor. The pipe can be adjusted to your riding style, the cam opening and closing and the size of the motor by changing head pipe size, length and whether or not you have a megaphone. Then you also have the question of whether you are running a spark arrestor with discs or screens. The discs tend to flow more; the screens usually kill the power pretty bad on a performance motor. With the disc-type exhaust systems (SuperTrapp, White Brothers, FMF, etc.), you can adjust back pressure for your riding style also. More discs giving less back pressure and more top end usually; less discs creating more back pressure giving more low end and throttle response. My point is, one pipe may work for one person and not for another. If you are building an engine you need to talk to your engine builder, discuss what type of riding you are doing and your riding style. I hope this answered your question without getting technical. I like to keep things simple. i also think that the TOOMEY B1 kit is the best fit for a lot of rec riders looking for more power all thru the power bands. toomey also has tech people to talk to which is a great help in picking a pipe. hope this helps.

Hoosier Daddy

dang! that was long winded... but a very good post!
My wife had a b1 toomey on here but the 310 jet was to big... a 190 was about right.

Quad, HAHA you got told!!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

big-daddy

Trenga exhaust works for me

[attachment deleted by admin]
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Qdawg76

I love My FMF SST Pipe I have on the Blaster
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

big-daddy

The pipes that work the best are the ones that didnt run on top of the head, removes the heat from the head.  ;D
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Old_School

For all my 2 stroke questions I go to www.everything2stroke.com  ;D
Alot of knowledge there. This is were all us dinosaurs graze.  ;)  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

otto

QuoteWHERE DID YOU GET THE SPACERS AND WHAT IS THE PROS AND CONS OF SPACERS AND WHICH  ONES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS?

I have used SRP and billet aluminum spacers with good results. Pros are vastly improved stability and low cost. Cons: up front, the spacers will increase the moment on the front wheel bearings but the load is usually too small to worry about. Also, the spacers will increase unsprung weight a little but this is likely a wash relative to longer a-arms and a wider axle. Aluminum spacers are very durable but I would stay away from the plastic spacer blocks and screw-on stud spacers. If you are serious racer, however, the trick a-arms and wider axle are probably the ticket.

PS: I have a set of like new Blaster SRP rear spacers (+2" per side) for sale if you are interested. I had to replace them with wheel adapter/spacers so I could swap wheels back and forth with my YFZ450.     

[attachment deleted by admin]
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

WAKORB

Quote from: WareRacing07 on July 22, 2005, 01:05:09 PM
dang! that was long winded... but a very good post!
My wife had a b1 toomey on here but the 310 jet was to big... a 190 was about right.

Quad, HAHA you got told!!

what was the problem with the 310 main jet? did you give the airbox the extra prefiltered air holes in the lid, or remove the air box lid? was the throtle response a little laggy?

WAKORB

has anyone put on a new biger carb, say a 36mm? anyone use a new cdi ignition to increase the rpm range and change the power curve? i also heard something about how your pipes packing can change weather you get a little more top or bottom end depending on weather your useing a screen or plates. i have seen the screens they were talking about but not the plates. can anyone explain this in great detail?

WAKORB

#14
Quote from: Flsportsman05 on July 22, 2005, 02:07:10 PM
I love My FMF SST Pipe I have on the Blaster
the tommey pipe bumped me from aprx. 20 hp to 26hp with just the pipe, any text data on the fmf & Trenga about what it did? same question to post #7 big-daddy and his Trenga pipe.

WAKORB

Has anyone changed a front sprocket and can tell me what I have to do or maybe someone in the Apopka fl. area has a service manual I could barow?

Toomey

My blaster is ported, has a Toomey pipe, and a 34mm carb, and I'm preety happy with the power.  It's faster than our stock 400ex, but the blaster's problem is just it's size and everything, it's sorta too small.  I also put banshee front shocks on, and a 400ex rear shock on it, and it really lets you jump higher without a rough landing.  I like my blaster but I need some more performance handling and suspension wise.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

WAKORB

Quote from: Toomey954 on July 24, 2005, 09:01:29 PM
My blaster is ported, has a Toomey pipe, and a 34mm carb, and I'm preety happy with the power.  It's faster than our stock 400ex, but the blaster's problem is just it's size and everything, it's sorta too small.  I also put banshee front shocks on, and a 400ex rear shock on it, and it really lets you jump higher without a rough landing.  I like my blaster but I need some more performance handling and suspension wise.

did you get the entire tommey b1 kit or just the pipe?whats wrong with the size of the blaster after you give it the power up like you have you have a small veristle  power quad, well if your riding trails

svtbolt04

Quote from: WAKORB on July 24, 2005, 07:28:09 PM
Has anyone changed a front sprocket and can tell me what I have to do or maybe someone in the Apopka fl. area has a service manual I could barow?


Hey, not trying to bust your balls, but someone posted all of the yamaha service manuals in some post. Do a search and you could print out what you need for the Blaster. Good luck!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

WAKORB

#19
Quote from: svtbolt04 on July 24, 2005, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: WAKORB on July 24, 2005, 07:28:09 PM
Has anyone changed a front sprocket and can tell me what I have to do or maybe someone in the Apopka fl. area has a service manual I could barow?


Hey, not trying to bust your balls, but someone posted all of the yamaha service manuals in some post. Do a search and you could print out what you need for the Blaster. Good luck!


thanks
also here are some neat links about blaster mods
http://www.atvscene.com/machines/yamaha/projectblasterpt2.htm
http://www.vcatv.com/PBhome.htm

or search [project blaster] on the net

Toomey

Well for one it's alot cheaper and easier to make it really fast than to handle like a bigger sport quad, the power it has now I like it, yes I did buy the complete B1 kit.  It's just on the small side for riding on a track for instance.  On the trails it's perfectly fine, but when I go riding at the track, it's smallness kinda stands out.  If I had trails by my house I would probably keep it.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

WAKORB

#21
Quote from: svtbolt04 on July 24, 2005, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: WAKORB on July 24, 2005, 07:28:09 PM
Has anyone changed a front sprocket and can tell me what I have to do or maybe someone in the Apopka fl. area has a service manual I could barow?


Hey, not trying to bust your balls, but someone posted all of the yamaha service manuals in some post. Do a search and you could print out what you need for the Blaster. Good luck!


Are u sure it was the service manuals? What I found was for the owner's manuals. If you need the link to that folks here it is
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/service/viewmanuals/sport_manuals.aspx

WAKORB

#22
For the blaster ride would anyone else be willing to bring there grill and coolers maybe a couple of us could make hamburgers and hotdogs and sell them to cover the coast of the food. maybe you know someone with a hotdog stand or something like that, that would want to sell food a long day of riding needs a good lunch!any thoughts?

WAKORB

well maybe theirs not as many of us blaster owners as i thought. this topic gets lots of looks but no post. maybe theres still hope. maybe the ride needs to be a 2 stroke ride?

rubicon500kid

my friend has a blaster ill let him know would any other bike be alwode to coem or no cuz i will bring him up but i got to utes
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com