Know anything about RVs ?

Started by CABLEGUY1, July 25, 2005, 09:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABLEGUY1

The roof air conditioner in our RV blows super cold when the compressor kicks on but it only stays on for a few minutes at a time then it blows only cool air until the compressor kicks in again. Does anyone know why the compressor won't stay on? Thanks for the help.

cain73

Check with lt250r he knows ac's very well.
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

NYRAPTOR

sounds like the thermostat is getting kicked off by the burst of cold air.

qt314nfla

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on July 25, 2005, 09:25:25 PM
sounds like the thermostat is getting kicked off by the burst of cold air.
what he said.

Mars

Pressure, too much or too little.
First get on the roof and make sure the condensor fan is running. (warm air blowing out of the unit when it's cooling inside.)
If the fan is inop the pressure gets too high and the compressor safety switch turns it off.
If the fan is running and the air on the roof is not getting warm it may be low on freon. (you have a leak).
It could be a bad thermostat but I have not seen too many go bad.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

CABLEGUY1

I was on the roof this past weekend and the fan was turning but I didn't notice if it was warm air or not.I will definately check it tommorrow. Thanks everyone.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com