Oil in the air filter box?

Started by dodgenfl, June 24, 2005, 01:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgenfl

I was ride this afternoon and found a larger amount of oil in my air filter box. What could be causing this? I have a 2003 Polaris Predator 500 please HELP!!!

Truegrit

Was it over filled? The crankcase breather runs into the airbox.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

johnnygun

true on oil overfill.
also, check factory air intake/snorkel. if partly clogged, the bike will run rich(check plug / exhaust for soot) and will suck air from where ever it can as long as it can till it stops.
2005 arctic cat 500LE, snorkel, ITP 589'S,WARN Winch, k&n air, Vision black 161 wheels, SPEEDWERX pipe'd & jetted.
2006 arctic cat 400,WARN Winch, k&n air, cat alloy 7-spoke wheels.
1985 Honda ATC 250sx, UNI air, ITP alloy's.
old everglades swamp rat..area 3-A, camp 23

SSRancher

I had the same thing happen to me and it was because I overfilled it.  Just empty the airbox and you'll be fine.
03' Rancher with lift, 26" vamps, clutch kit, jet kit,  warn un-locker, ramsey 2500lb, front spool locker, k&n filter, conferderate flag
98' Chevy S-10 4x4

dirty1

all engines produce a oil mist in the crank case that gets pushed into the air box at full throttle, after it settles it turns to oil...
foreman 450es
27 mud machine xt's
highlifter lift, superwinch 2000