Durhamtown worth going?

Started by prosa69, January 27, 2016, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prosa69

Im trying to get from input on if its worth it to go to Durhamtown?    We were planning a trip to the mountains and was going to stop and spend a few days there on the way up.   We currently have ridden Canaveral groves, 5A, croom, Ocala NF, Suburban estates, mudmuckers :( (I liked that place)..and other places/events...  My question is it worth it to haul the quads and dirt bikes up there or will I be disappointed by the quality of riding they can offer?   So any feedback will be helpful.    So anyone that has been there and rode other places let me know your opinion on what you think.

Thanks 

AintSkeered

Do it, you won't regret it. It's all one-way trails for quads and dirt bikes. Plus, there's multiple tracks for dirt bikes, too.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

patches206

I go once a year you will not be disappointed.   
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

prosa69

How are the camper rentals up there.  I could care less the wife is having a meltdown over them cause of a few reviews. 

patches206

I have not used the rentals for several years now as I bring my own toy hauler.  When I did I used the cabins and they are the most basic a bed and bathroom.  Ted Kaczynski's cablin would have been better.   
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

stacktester

Was just there in December. Been going since 06 at least once a year. Depending on how many you want to sleep the foxtrot is pretty clean cabin. IMO they've quit putting money into the trails the last few years. If tracks are your thing you will be fine. If you go at a rainy time be prepared to have hardly any trails to ride. We ended up leaving after day 2 of 3 because nothing was going to open up. They can't control weather but like I said they quit grooming trails a while ago. We're going to try Carolina Adventure World this year. Newer cabins and from what I'm hearing if it rains your trip isn't over.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

gmiller0737

I haven't been To Durhamtown,But if you want Great Riding & West Virginia is not too far for You to Travel Check out Hatfield McCoy Trails 6 Trail Systems with hundreds of miles of trails,We often stay @ Ashland Atv Resort & 3 trail systems can be ridden from there,Once You get to Ashland you will not need to trailer anywhere.

prosa69

Thanks for the info.   Are the trails all whooped out like croom At durhamtown?  Would love to go to hatfield mccoy just during summer would like to go.  Going next month and might still be pretty cold up there. 

hardlin3

I've been going to Durhamtown since 2006. I try to make it twice a year, I absolutely love the place. It really depends on the time of the year when you go for the trails to be groomed whether it's every couple of
days or once every couple of weeks. The tracks are pretty well kept in shape. It's a very rugged place though. Everyone that works their is either kin or close to kin, some of the workers in the past I've met can
be a little rude, but everyone has bad days and at the end of the day everyone is merry and ready to relax in the lodge and enjoy some drinks. Mike(the owner) real nice guy me and my dad over the years have
played pool with him in the lodge countless times while enjoy some crown and cokes. The only cabin I've slept in is the Hilton with a bunch of buddies and our girlfriends, they are very basic and i can't imagine
the trailers being much different. Our girlfriends from what i remember at the time were not too fond of the cabins but to us guys they were a place to sleep, eat, and drink. the trails are not whooped like
croom, they are move spaced out. You're riding on clay so it's definitely a little more brutal on the body compared to riding in Ocala or Croom. Definitely check out West Virginia's Hatfield & McCoy too!
-LTR450
-PowerCommander 5
-Cherry Bomb map
-Yoshimura r

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com