Swim call on the Ocala Centennial Trail

Started by K_Man, June 22, 2015, 04:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_Man

Stopped by the Blue Sink OHV Corral on Saturday for a quick swim call after a hot day of riding. It is located about half way around the Ocala Centennial Trail loop trail in you use the trail head by HWY 40. It felt so good I will be stopped there from now on during the hot months.
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocala/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=40379&actid=93
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

little blue 300

One time I went for a little swim there too.

How was the downed tree situation on the Centennial Trail ?

About three weeks ago I went there on a Thursday and right before you get to where the trail goes to the right or left, there was a very large tree down and I was unable to go over it or under it. I went back to the parking lot, loaded up and went to the north trails at Salt Springs. I haven't went back there since.

Larry

AintSkeered

#2
Derek and I will be visiting ONF in July. We'll be coming from I-75 on 40.  Is Centennial TH the first TH we'll see on 40?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

K_Man

AintSkeered:  The Centennial Trail Head is the only one on HWY 40. It is located about 30 miles east of Silver Springs.

little Blue Pill:   When we rode last Saturday there was only one small tree down across the trail and many people had rode over it. I could see that several fallen trees had been cut up and removed from the trail recently. I would like to say Thank You to the Forest Service and volunteers for all the hard work on keeping the ONF trails open and in good riding condition.
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

SMP63

Quote from: AintSkeered on June 25, 2015, 01:16:48 AM
Is Blue Sink on the Cenntennial map?

Yes it is on the map.  We pack a small lunch & eat it there then go for a swim. By the time you get back to the trail head to load up your dry. The trail head is on Forrest Road 13.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

little blue 300

Quote from: K_Man on June 24, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

little Blue Pill:   When we rode last Saturday there was only one small tree down across the trail and many people had rode over it. I could see that several fallen trees had been cut up and removed from the trail recently. I would like to say Thank You to the Forest Service and volunteers for all the hard work on keeping the ONF trails open and in good riding condition.

Thanks, I figured somebody probably cut them out of the way by now. Larry

little blue 300

Quote from: K_Man on June 24, 2015, 01:29:46 PM
AintSkeered:  The Centennial Trail Head is the only one on HWY 40. It is located about 30 miles east of Silver Springs.



I don't come from Silver Springs, but I don't think that the trail head would be 30 miles east of there. It might be, but I would think that it's not that far. Larry