Camping ONF Feb 15th / 16th

Started by Agent, January 25, 2015, 11:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent

Hi guys. Just wanted to post up, so if on the off chance anyone had the time off, they could go. I'd like to do a solid day of riding on Sunday the 15th. Take down tent in the morning of the 16th, then maybe a couple hour ride before heading home around 2.

I've ridden north a few times in the hog valley area. I'm not sure where we'll camp, but most likely Lake Oklawaha/Ft mccoy koa. I want to check out the dam, then ride south until I hit the end of the forest. Normally when I'm up there I'm with friends and it's a great social time. If no one else beside my son and I go, I think we're going to simply explore until we run out of fuel. Anyone interested?

Furthermore, can you get to ONF south by atv, or do you have to trailer at some point? Thanks!
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

SMP63

Gotta trailer it. HWY 40 to Forest Road 13 there's a nice trail head parking area, also a trail head @ Big Scrub Campground on the south end of the loop.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

patches206

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Agent

Darn. I was really hoping to ride the whole forest. Where can you get to the most long, straight, whoop free trails?

2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

SMP63

I think the yellow trails might be what your looking for.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Agent

Where would you recommend camping Sunday night?
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

patches206

Quote from: Agent on January 29, 2015, 06:50:16 PM
Darn. I was really hoping to ride the whole forest. Where can you get to the most long, straight, whoop free trails?



Fantasy land! :}}
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Agent

Anyone think they can go? I could help with transport of units from the Clearwater area.
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.

Agent

Sad face bump. Looks like it's just going to be me and my son. I wish there was at least one more person to help keep an eye on him.  :-[
2004 Yamaha Raptor Red/White
Not Stock.