ocala

Started by mudbucket2, November 16, 2013, 12:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbucket2

thinking about going to Ocala on 11-23 next Saturday , anybody want to go ...(( delancy loop r rodman trail head ))

little blue 300

I would go, but I have been staying away on Saturdays now that hunting season is going on. Larry

K_Man

I will be down in ONF this weekend (Nov 23-24) and would like to go riding the North ATV trails on Saturday morning and the Centennial trail on Sunday morning. I try to get down there every other weekend if I can. I am looking to find some folks to ride with in the ONF.

Ken
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

1Scorpion

  I'm thinking of trying to get up there .  Work is talking about mandatory Saturdays.  :(    What do you ride ?  I need to get up there soon.
   

K_Man

I have a 2013 Can-Am Commander XT 800R.
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

mudbucket2

Can't make it this weekend have to work !!

AintSkeered

If any of you kids want to meet there for a ride on Friday after Thanksgiving, let's do it.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

1Scorpion

 I'm waiting till after the 29th.  If I'm correct antlerless deer season is from Nov. 23rd till Nov. 29th.   There will be too many guys with trucks on the trails.  After that it's still deer season till Jan 29th for antlered deer only.  I don't mind sharing the trails with the hunters but with less targets I'm hoping it won't be as bad as it seems to be this year.
I've never had a problem before so maybe I'm just over cautious this year.
Please post up if I'm incorrect about the dates.  Florida with it's zones and regulations can be confusing.

AintSkeered

#8
Rode all day on the 29th. The only times we saw hunters was 2 on ATVs and then we saw 2 trucks parked down a side trail(not an atv trail). We hadn't ridden ONF since they instituted designated trails. Quite impressed, save for the whooped-out Delancey area and sport bikers on two-way trails are far more dangerous than any hunter! The trail maps and markers were great. Launched on 316 @ Pipeline TH to Salt Springs Connector then up through Delancey to Rodman and back down to 316. Used a full tank of fuel, but, we each bring 4gal Rotopax. We'll be back, soon. hope the mutants don't mess up ONF.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

1Scorpion

 Thanks for the report.  My wife and I are going to try to get up there next weekend. Glad you had a great time.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com