Been away for a while. How's the riding in Ocala Nat Forest

Started by rsieminski, July 14, 2013, 01:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsieminski

We'll be heading out this next weekend, or the weekend after. 

Years ago, sometimes it was ok, sometimes the rangers seemed like they hated us?

Are the trails all whooped?

Best trails?

Crowded?

Is the Rodman Dam area still open?  Power Lines?

Thanks,
--Rick

gmiller0737

I only ride on week days & have never seen a Ranger,Trails are for the most part pretty good Whooped out in a few places but I think they Groom them fairly frequently,Not sure about the Power Lines,I normaly use the Rodman Trailhead,There is a Salt Springs Connector off the Longleaf Trail at the end of the Connector is a Corral that you can Park in & walk across to the Salt Springs Plaze the Square Meal is a Good Place to Eat but they Close @ 2pm