? about ATV title

Started by Ole Nasty, June 03, 2013, 08:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Nasty

Do I have to have registered my atv when I bought it in order to resell it or can I just sign the title over to the person I sell it to?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

AintSkeered

ATVs are not "registered" in Florida. If you have the title and it's in your name, you've no issue selling it. If the title is in another's name and you sell it, the new owner will not be able to title it.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

patches206

Quote from: AintSkeered on June 03, 2013, 09:54:14 PM
ATVs are not "registered" in Florida. If you have the title and it's in your name, you've no issue selling it. If the title is in another's name and you sell it, the new owner will not be able to title it.

This is true!
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Ole Nasty

1.  What is the green sticker the state of florida sent me when I bought my new ATV?

2.  On the ATV I'm thinking of selling(not my new one), the title has the original owners name printed on it.  On the back of it there are 3 sections for seller/purchaser.  When I bought it the original owner signed the section as seller and I signed the section as buyer and there is still 2 more sections like that.  Do I have to get the title into my name (register with the state) or can I just sign the next block of seller/purchaser sections as seller and whoever I sell it to sign as buyer?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

AintSkeered

You'll have to ask a tag agency those questions. There are requirements listed at the bottom of the title, where seller and buyer both must date/sign AND it includes this notice, "Notice: $10.00 penalty is required by law if not submitted for transfer within 30 days after date of purchase". The areas on back of title is for licensed dealers.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

mrbones

That's the best advice. Just go in and ask. Don't write on it at all because that can cause problems if you write things in on the wrong places. I've had so many bad experiences at the DMV with titles I completely gave up buying and selling quads about 4 years ago.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com