Trip to Hatfield/McCoy this Summer?

Started by Mingy, April 09, 2013, 05:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingy

Hey Kids:

Is anyone up for a trip to Hatfield/McCoy this summer?  I was thinking about taking the trailer up there and staying at an RV park for about four nights.  I will split the trip up as well - 2 days up, 2 days back.  Would like to convoy with another vehicle and two competent drivers as my truck is a diesel with a stick shift, so we could rotate if someone gets tired.

Just tossing it out there.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

1Scorpion

 What trail or trails are you planning on riding ?  I've ridden the Rockhouse trail a long time ago it was awsome.  I hope you get to go.  I doubt if I can make it this summer.  Most of my vacation time is already planned.

patches206

Wish I could but have already made my summer plans.   Sylva Nc. to ride Wayehutta trail system then to Oliver Springs Tn. to ride windrock trail system.    I would like one of these years to make it WV.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Mingy

Still up in the air but I would like to do it the last week in June, say no earlier than 20 June, and be back no later than 2nd July.  I would be 4 days in transit and 4 days/nights on the trails.  Still need to find out what spare parts to take, etc, etc. 

Will be pulling an Airstream trailer, have an extra bunk, but no room for more than 1 atv in the truck bed.  Ideally, I would like to team up with another DEPENDABLE pair with their own truck/trailer with 2 ATV's.  We can sleep 3 in the airstream (nobody sleeps with me...sorry).  If one of the two can drive my truck we could perhaps cut a day off up there and back but I do not like to drive more than 5 hours daily, it's a stickshift diesel so it requires someone who knows the ropes.

I won't make the trip on less than a week's notice and I won't go by myself.

Any takers?
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

gmiller0737

Shouldn't take 2 days to drive to Wv. We go to Hatfield McCoy 2 or 3 times a year and the Little Coal River Trail System (Close to Charleston Wv) Takes 11 1/2 hours From South Side of Jacksonville & Driving about the speed limit allowing stopping for a ocasional rest area,fuel,& a short stop for lunch,If you are going to 1 of the southern trails it will cut a couple of hours off the trip time,Already booked My 3rd week of October Dates & will be going after school lets out June/July,A New Trail System is slated to open in July (Ivy Branch)

Mingy

Right indeed, I agree, I just don't like to drive 11+ hours straight, finishing in mountains pulling a trailer with a stickshift diesel.  But I can do it, I have done it before.  I have the summer off so an extra 2 days is not an issue with me but it may indeed be with someone else.

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

trailrider77

well as my families cruise idea fell apart im trying to talk my wife into going to hatfields and mccoys i have the last week of in june so if we decide i will let you know i should know something by the end of this weekend ive been looking at cabins all day on line cause my wife wont camo out a whole week.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

 I've stayed at Twin Hollow cabins in Gilbert it was right on the trail.  The cabins were new then.  They weren't big but comfortable then.  That's the Rockhouse trail.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com