group ride 04-07-13

Started by trailrider77, March 25, 2013, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingy

OK, I thought so.  Looks like I will be there.  The trails are in good condition but I will bring an axe in case.  Any chance we might ride, pack up, drive south, and do the Centennial as well?  I did that last time with Strubby, had a blast, except we rode the Centennial first.  We needed a shoehorn and a jar of vaseline to get his side by side thru the posts at the TH for the Delancey trails - it was like Bill Clinton shoving Monica Lewinsky under the desk -  but where there is a will there is a way....shazam......
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

SMP63

#26
 rolback1    I would guess it all depends on what time we finish riding the north trails James.
Although in order to ride both I think we would need to pack a lunch & forego the resturant, sometimes theres a line to get in.  What does everybody think about riding both?
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Mingy

I'll do what everyone else decides, but I usually pack my own lunch in any case.  Either way a good time, and more daylight now too.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

trailrider77

Can't wait seems like its gonna be a fun time
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

What's the rules for riding there?

Helmets? Only one person per ATV? Tires? Etc?

Larry

trailrider77

From what I saw I think only 16 and under need helmets didn't say nothing about 2 on 1 bike and as far as tires go it might be easier to ride with them cause it might be tricky riding on just rotors lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Very funny Carlos !!!   rolback1

I once heard that you couldn't have deep threaded tires up there. ???

Larry

Mingy

I have ridden there many times and I have seen many people riding 2-up.  Not all the bikes I saw came from the factory as two seaters, to be sure, so technically they were in violation of the rules.  Same with deep tread tires as well......but as long as you are not tearing up the trails and causing a lot of work for the rangers and volunteers, then there is no problem.  Stay sane and you'll be OK.  Not much mud or water but miles and miles of nice scenery.  Centennial Trail loop is 40+ miles.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

little blue 300

Thanks Jim. If I go I may put my other tires back on. Larry

Mingy

No helmets required if you are over 16 either.

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

little blue 300


little blue 300

I would be coming west on Hwy 40 from I-95. Where is the trail head that you are parking at? I need directions. Never been there before.  Larry

SMP63

No need to swap out tires Larry, I have rode up to rangers & talked with them & nothing has ever been said about my tires. As for riding 2up I see it all the time also, the last ranger I talked to about it said he sends them back to the T.H. to drop off the passenger.  He said he didn't write tickets for it because he wanted everybody to have a good time. I asked him what the ticket costed & he said it had been so long he'd have to look it up!!!!!!  I hope you & June can make it.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

little blue 300

We're going to try to make it Steve, but we need directions. Larry

SMP63

#39
Here you go Larry!!!  Head west on HWY 40 to HWY 19 & turn RIGHT on it (north). Stay on 19 until you go thru Salt Springs & turn LEFT onto Co. Rd. 316 (west).  Trail Head is about
1 1/2 miles after you pass N.E. 203rd Ave (Forest Road 88).  There will be a sign about the gun range before you pass Forest Road 88. Also they have a sign (ATV Trail Head) before you get to the T.H. which will be on your right.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

kountry23

I think I'm gonna run my stock tires with mine being so aggressive  would make for a long rough ride
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

SMP63

Mostly soft dirt & sugar sand with a few areas of hard pack Treavor. I have rode up there with both kinds of tires & don't recall any big difference in the ride. Some parts of the trails will be tire hopped due to vehicle traffic. Swap out tires if you want, I am not.

I have decided to pack samiches, snacks & drinks but those who want to eat @ the resturant
can.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

little blue 300

Thanks for the directions Steve! I would never have found you. I thought the trail head was off of Hwy 40. Larry

palatkat


little blue 300

Thanks! That helps a lot ! Larry

trailrider77

well im glad we are getting some rain these next couple of days hopefully it will keep the dust down 3 more days cant wait
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

 I've been ready for over a week now!  All I've got to do is a pack some drinks and snacks. 
Are we having lunch at the trucks, on the trail, or the restuarant ?
How many riders are expected to be there ?


trailrider77

Scorpion around where in springhill are u located
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

1Scorpion

 Near Vetrans Park  south of Spring Hill Dr.   

trailrider77

Cool not to far from me I live by landover and mariner
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch