2013 Centennial Trail - Ocala National Forest

Started by kdclere, January 07, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalem352

thk u kris well my help is part of my ride now got to help make the trails better and your winter help did good this year
Just ride

dalem352

Riding Ocala north wed.the 10th any one want to ride
Just ride

1Scorpion

Quote from: dalem352 on July 09, 2013, 01:41:22 AM
Riding Ocala north wed.the 10th any one want to ride
Wish I could , but I've got an appt. I've got to keep.  How can you stand riding in this heat ?

dalem352

 I get their at 7 am its close for me ride from bout 7;30 till 1
Just ride

monkeyonashovel

I'd like to go riding this Sunday, but the weather is looking a little questionable.

dalem352

Going to centennial Friday the 26th anyone riding anyone want to ride ?
Just ride

dalem352

Rode centennial today what a hot ride moved 5 trees off the trail all clear again
Just ride

zephyr

Rode Centennial on Sat was nice please be careful there a low tree about 2 miles west of FR30 if you are riding clock wise it is around a blide corner an if you take the inside line it is right at head level. Also rode the north sections. cant understand why they can do perscribed burns and none are being done at Centennial I think it would help in getting some of the blind corners cleared. For that matter rode wandergrass and due to the burns there is no undergrowth 
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

dalem352

#58
I bout hit it to last time I was out their looks like someone tried to cut it with a machete the trail host told me last winter not to remove trees if they are not layed all the way down so I went around it had moved 5 trees when I was their
Just ride

zephyr

2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

dalem352

May be with a little pull it will hit the ground its laying on another tree I not going out their again this week going back to croom wed been to hot
Just ride

dalem352

#61
@centennial trail blue sink is closed I hear they mite not open the trail back up  to atvs
Just ride

1Scorpion

 Thanks for posting.   I have not been there for a while.  Last time we stopped at Blue Sink there must have been a party there. Lot's of trash piled up.  And a broke down suv on the trail.  I do hope they open it back up to atv's.   
  We could use more trails.

dalem352

Yes a few months ago they put all the fence back up two weeks later someone recked the fence again they even  dig holes around the sides of the fence to keep people from going around it
Just ride

little blue 300

Quote from: dalem352 on October 02, 2013, 01:05:12 PM
@centennial trail blue sink is closed I hear they mite not open the trail back up  to atvs

Have you rode there since the government shut down? I thought that they closed everything up. Larry

dalem352

Yea I rode Tuesday had talked to a forest fire ranger said the trails were still open and told the camp ground grounds keeper he had to leave
Just ride

little blue 300

Thanks! If you hear where they close, please let me know. Larry

dalem352

Just ride

kdclere

Hi everyone,  we are back open, although I hear they never closed the trails (technically they should have), but I'm glad you guys were able to ride!  Blue Sink is a temporary close while they restore the terracing and the water shed, install a turn-around for both vehicles and OHV's, and generally try to improve the area.  The trail will permanently be changed to follow that north & south road (FR 14-9.8) from the southeast Scrub Jay/Centennial corner, all the way up to FR 22 at Farles Prairie.  This cuts down on maintenance in an area that I really couldn't stay on top of do to truck traffic, bad visibility, and wash-out near Blue Sink.  When Blue Sink reopens, you willl be able to follow the same path in where that gate is, and then just backtrack out to continue on the trail.  That is the only change, and I am hoping sooner than later we have the Sink back open, I enjoy it and miss it already!  Also I have new CG hosts at Big Scrub, Timothy and Darlene, they just started on the 19th.  Stop by and say hi!
-Kris

dalem352

Well the sink is a nice stop on the ride hope it is open soon.i all so got me a camp site at river ranch now going to put my travel trailer out their
Just ride

sugarsand007

Hey Kris any chance Wandering Grass loop will ever be groomed again? Must be atleast 3 trees down for months.
2006 crf450r and 2006 polaris outlaw 500

K_Man

How does the volunteer thing work? I wouldn't mind helping out once or twice a month on Saturday's. I only get down to the ONF on weekends.

Ken
2021 Can-Am Defender X MR

dalem352

hi  K_Man they work the trails during the week so every one can enjoy them on the weekends I haven't been out their in 2 weeks the trail volunteers got their same day I rode I met the camp host 2 he is a nice guy I don't ride much their any more I got a camp at river ranch now it is awesome out their    dale
Just ride

BassMaster

We went to ONF a few months ago, was my first time in years was shocked to see the powerlines closed down.We ended up like 10 miles away on some crap loop. What's the big thing out there now for quads and bikes.

Busta Nutt

can you get to the centennial trail from the north trails?