Essential spares/tools

Started by Mingy, January 04, 2013, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingy

Hey kids:

What would you guys consider to be an essential spare parts and toolkit to have onboard a Grizzly 450 or in my truck toolbox?  I am thinking inner tubes, bearings, axles, etc, etc.  I am neither a submariner nor a kamikaze trail rider, moderately hard riding moderately often.

Thanks!
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

Mars

#1
When I go to Croom or Ocala:
Tie-rod ends and jam nuts, cotter pins, metric nut/bolt assortment, fuses, wire ties, electrical tape, butt connectors, extra spark plug, tire plugs and a small air comp, extra oil, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, WD-40, master link (chain-drive). I use Plano type tackle boxes for the small stuff.

If I can't get the bike running with that I probably busted my butt and won't be riding anyway.  ;D
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Anoriginal

One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

cr500pro

what i recommend if u have the $$ .space & the means 2 transport it ,is a spare bike..anytime i go atving far from home, i take my honda xr650l in the trailer,even if its a smaller bike of what u normal ride,having a 2nd bike is a blessing..i remember riding croom  on a honda cr250r dirtbike,it broke down & i pulled out a honda atc350x i had in the trailer and i was riding in a few min...1 thing that keep me from breaking down on the trails is, good preventive maintence on my bikes,after n b4 riding..