Essential spare parts and tools

Started by Mingy, January 04, 2013, 11:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingy

Hey kids:

What would you guys consider to be an essential spare parts and toolkit to have onboard a Grizzly 450 or in my truck toolbox?  I am thinking inner tubes, bearings, axles, etc, etc.  I am neither a submariner nor a kamikaze trail rider, moderately hard riding moderately often.

Thanks!
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

zephyr

just got back from hatfeild mccoy trails and found out the following are must have on board
tire repair kit and plenty of plugs
co2 inflators(several cartages) to reseat the bead
a good ratchet strap to assist in reseating the bead
socket wrench and deep well sockets to remove tire
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

cr500pro

when i go for a day of atving,i normally carry on the bike with me,tire plugs,fixaflat,sparkplugs & wrench.a towrope.pressure pliers.clutch lever & 2 screw drivers(flat n phillips).,now back in the truck n trailer,i carry..spare chain,sprockets,elec,airpump.clutch n throttle cables.clutch levers,oils.battery,since i have an enclosed trailer,i even take a back up 250cc dirtbike..

Mingy

Thank you.  I have an extra v-belt on order, and an inner tube.  How essential is a CO2 inflator?  Can you do it with a ratchet strap only and a small compressor?

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

asmart82

I've used starter fluid to seat a bead before. Gotta work with what your given :)

I am surprised no one said zip ties.

Ole Nasty

I blew a bead on a tire once in Hastings on one of the high fire road trails in the middle of a monsoon.  I had to limp back to my truck on 3 wheels, it was about 20 minutes after we got there and I didn't have anything to reset the bead so we left.  As soon as I got home, I used some carb cleaner and a lighter to reseat the bead.  I now always carry carb cleaner in my truck, lol.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]