Shindler road in Jacksonville

Started by Crewsing, December 18, 2012, 01:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingy

#50
My wife the choirgirl ran a thuglet away from our house a few years ago.  I was at work and the dogs were snoring when some kid tried to work the slider by the bedroom.  Woke Judy up, she skipped my .40cal on the nightstand and grabbed the Mossberg 590 in the hall, then went out to the Florida room just in time to see him give up on the Florida room door and let himself out of the pool enclosure.  She ran into the yard and cocked the shotgun as the little bastard (actually my size at 15 years old) jumped the fence and slid down into the mud at the bottom of the ditch.  By the time he staggered out onto the road, Security had him, then they called the Clay Co. Sheriff's Dept.  Junior spent 3 weeks in Juvie for a failed burglary because Clay County fingerprints suspects.  Duval Co. does not, or wouldn't have in this case - and I say that from experience.

I never told her this, but I felt kind of sorry for the kid.  He had NO IDEA what he was screwing around with.  She has, um, spirit.

He was the kind of kid that I could have looked at and probably sized up pretty quickly as non-violent, since he had a long burglary record but no violence on his rap sheet and I've taught kids for 27 years - and just asked him, "What do you think you are up to, you happy a-hole? Get the hell out of here."

That has done it in the past, but only because I can size up kids pretty well.  OTOH, a gun is always within easy reach.

But I am glad she showed him the business end of the Mossberg.  He may think a bit next time.  Or he may blunder into a situation where he makes a smaller woman feel threatened, and then there will be only 1 story to tell.  No big loss either way.
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

Ole Nasty

Who's all going this Saturday?  I know I am and so is Jesse(guy on the Popo 800 X2).  Probably around 1030 or so.
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

mudbucket2

If I don't have to work Saturday I will be there. Save a little money .

Crewsing

I am, same time, might have 3-4 more. 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Mingy

Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE


Ole Nasty

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

bigblack

dropped it off at driveline a few hours ago, will be fixed in the AM

Crewsing

I usually use driveline specialist too. There is a place on blanding halfway to middleburg on left that has a ton of fourwheeler axels and parts in stock.   He will cut his prices down too if you  ask him.     
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Man i work this sat. Would have love to hook up with you all. Have fun and be safe.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

zaynerdoodles

Hey when might you guys be goin again me and so e buddies have been going to shandler asea for years  now yet we never have seen where you guys ride let me know and we will have a few more guys out there with y'all

bottom_out


Crewsing

I think they are on a different post. Ortega river riding
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com