What happened to this website?

Started by Shotgun, October 17, 2012, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

This site used to be so busy back in the day. What happened? Is it the economy? Does anyone ride anymore?

patches206

Wade how the hell are you?   I have cut way back fuel cost and less money in the pocket because of increased expenses.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

asmart82

Quote from: patches206 on October 17, 2012, 02:55:56 PM
Wade how the hell are you?   I have cut way back fuel cost and less money in the pocket because of increased expenses.

Sounds like you are having the same problems that Mitt Romney has been discussing in his debates!!!

AintSkeered

#3
Stop lining up to buy those new widgets, every time a new model comes out and you'll have more money for fuel. LOL
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Shotgun


patches206

Quote from: Shotgun on October 17, 2012, 07:31:07 PM
Who's Wade?

My mistake had a few beers and thought I read Showgun not shotgun.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

mrbones

The economy probably is keeping people from riding that slows the site down. If someone is struggling with their mortgage, the first thing to go are the ATVs. At the same time a few years ago, Croom was raising their rates, Ocala was getting restructured, gas prices were hiked (and just stayed there ever since) and the bottom just fell out. The site is still here, but there's too many guests and not enough participants. It would be nice to see everything pick up again.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

TRXASAURUS

Facebook and social networking has also taken a big bite out of web forums
check out Tampa Bay's Newsest Dirt Site...
www.tampabayridindirty.com

mrbones

Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook suck. I don't understand why people like to give away their privacy for imaginary friends.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

digginfool

I had to find friends somewhere!    ;)  What else was I supposed to do?  :dunno.gif
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

AintSkeered

These days, I just think people are getting tired of all the talk and they're simply seeking real action. You can find loads of friends at your local shooting ranges and ATV riding spots. We've learned not to jeopardize our limited ATV riding spots by advertising them here for all the mutants to get them shut down.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

little blue 300

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 18, 2012, 08:01:13 PM
We've learned not to jeopardize our limited ATV riding spots by advertising them here for all the mutants to get them shut down.

Very Smart !!!

Shotgun



bignickwaite

I used to be on here all the time. I sold my ATVs after I sold my CR500 to some guy named John on here. I rember that like it was yesterday because I wrecked it going about 65 down my parents street. I just kinda forgot about this site when everything got sold. But this used to be an entertaining site with good people and good information about the sport. Glad Im back to check in:)
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

cr500pro

its not just this site, everything online is dead,  even on face book n tweeter ,folks arent chating.folks dont even wanna text,i know of a few freinds that have even disconnected there cell phones,technology is awesome but not at the end of the month when its time 2 pay for it all..

rdm225

Where is my boy Jackl havent seen him on here in a coons age

Dirty Girl

Quote from: mrbones on October 18, 2012, 02:44:53 PM
Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook suck. I don't understand why people like to give away their privacy for imaginary friends.
If I could ride with fine folks like yourselves on a regular basis, i'd tell FB to pound sand!!  :D
Bombardier DS650X Sand Pig!!
Patches206's better half
Momma to two boys... 13 yo and 4 yo

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com