Thinking about adding a winch

Started by kountry23, September 06, 2012, 12:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kountry23

Im thinking about adding a winch to my wheeler any cons or pros on the Polaris 3500 with syn rope
2012 sportsman 400  27mega mayhems and more to come

SMP63

I've had no problems with my Polaris winch. I wish I would have switch sooner to the syn. rope though, its way better than cable!!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

trailrider77

i wouldnt think there are any cons always good to have one espcially when you like playing in the mud.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

Keeter

I believe the Polaris winch is a Warn.  I run a 3500 Gorilla winch with the synthetic rope. Never had an issue. 
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

SMP63

Yes you are correct Keeter!!! The Polaris winch is made by Warn.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to