riding in osceola n/f

Started by mudbucket2, July 16, 2012, 02:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbucket2

like to go and ride trails and stay out of the water and mud , plus it is free and lot of land to ride. not far from home . who wants to go let me know , i do like to go on saturdays . i dont want to get stuck like this . pic was from 5a this past saturday and its wet.

little blue 300

Jim, where is this place (Osceola N/F) located at? Larry

cobrap

Did Mingy go swimming??
I am in for Sat, keep me in the loop !
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

dalem352

what's osceola like rite now is it wet tates hell is closed from ts debby
Just ride

dalem352

Quote from: mudbucket2 on July 16, 2012, 02:21:44 PM
like to go and ride trails and stay out of the water and mud , plus it is free and lot of land to ride. not far from home . who wants to go let me know , i do like to go on saturdays . i dont want to get stuck like this . pic was from 5a this past saturday and its wet.
i would like to go to osceola but weekends are hard for me to get out
Just ride

Ole Nasty

What exit off I-10 do you take and where do you park at?
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Snorkeled, Racked, Clutched and Lifted 29.5" OL2s, 2" spacers all around.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, Racked and Snorkeled, UNI filter, 27" Zillas
My Youtube Channel: [url="http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee"]http://www.youtube.com/user/OleNasty79?feature=mhee[/url]

mudbucket2

@ larry (( little blue pill 300 )) you take i 10 west to exit 324 @ hwy 90 , then go left  ( west ) to olustee ....your in osceola n/f....ok parking area take exit 324 sanderson olustee 90 go west about one mile past olustee store on 90 parking area on the right, cross the r/r tracks dirt road...... if you want i can meet at winn dixie on cheffee road , i like to leave the house around 5 or 5.30 am ,, ride befor it gets to hot but also like to ride all day . bring a lunch......i will be in a black chevy z71 ,mag 325 2x4 let me know....

little blue 300

Let me think on this. I do have my small trailer that just holds one ATV and my wife isn't home yet. I'll let you know by Friday. Larry

Mingy

Mudbucket I didn't know that you took a picture! 

That was epic.

Would love to do Osceola NF this Saturday but have a boating trip planned.  If anything changes I will do it in a heartbeat but I have to leave at 3:00 sharp.

Mingy
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

Mingy

Larry that's a 3 hr drive for you, and I am worried about your tranny heating up pulling even a small trailer! 

I'll tell you what, if you want to do Osceola another weekend besides this one you can use my place as a layover, I am in Orange Park not far from where you used to live. 

This weekend is too iffy and we are having company Friday evening thru Saturday evening, but in the future you and your wife are welcome.

This goes for others too - we can always have 2-3 guests.  Lots of room for more but with elder care issues I do not want to overload my wife.

Mingy
Man cannot be made good by the state but he can easily be made bad. Morality depends on liberty. Lord Acton

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?

MOLON LABE

little blue 300

Thanks for that offer Mingy.

Yes, I'm afraid that it would be too much for the little Hyundai. I won't be coming this time.

I am going to check prices on a truck when it's time to replace my car. That way pulling a trailer will be possible.

Larry

mudbucket2

ok who is all going ? iam leaving my house around 5 r 5.30 , will be leaving from dames point bridge , take me about an hour to get there.

Crewsing

i live by damespoint also.  Was 5a worth the drive mudbucket? 
2013 Can Am Outlander 1000 XTP 29.5 OL2 Snorkel
2005 Polaris 800 29.5 outlaw2 (sold)
2007 Polaris 800 Stealth 29.5 Outlaws Snorkel lift(sold)

strubby

When did Mingy sink his bike like that? I must have missed that one. I tried to lead through the shallow spots but didn't always pick the best lines either.

My buddy lives in Jax and has been to Osceola. I'll talk with him and see when is good to get a group together and go, I've never been.

How strict are they compared to Ocala, i.e. 2 up riding, registration stickers (not a prob for me), etc? Also are there plenty of trails I would enjoy too vs. mud and water?
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

dalem352

Quote from: mudbucket2 on July 18, 2012, 02:53:56 PM
ok who is all going ? iam leaving my house around 5 r 5.30 , will be leaving from dames point bridge , take me about an hour to get there.
ok i got it set to go this week end if that's when u are going i never been to osceola it would b cool to ride with peoples that have rode their.I will be coming from ocala up 75 to 441 then rt on east 90 is their a road name or number and it is on the left???oh how far is the parking lot down the road





?
Just ride

cobrap

#15
Not very strict at all.  Ride all day and never see a FWC or Ranger.  Besides, up here they have a little different attitude (nicer).

Good place to "meet up" is the Rail Road Olustee Welcome Building right on 90.  1 of the trail heads is just up the road, where you can park you vehicles and ride out.

I havent been since Debby came thru.  But I am sure we can find some water.  Lots of sand trails with some water crossings and maybe some actual mud holes, but easy to avoid if desired.
07 Polaris Scrambler 500 w/ winch, 03 Trailblazer 400,
99 Yamaha Breeze 125
89 Jeep YJ - 33s", 4 1/2" Lift, 9.5 Winch
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor

dalem352

so this is a welcome center what side of the road is it on an what time will every one be their to meet


Just ride

mudbucket2

#17
i would say meet around 7am ,,,, ita across from the olustee store on 90, its on the west side of the road across the tracks. my cell #904 5456730...... as far as 5a if you like mud and water right now is a good time to go. i think you will like it if you go . take a gps if you go alone you can get lost..... mingy got stuck south from where we parked at and befor anybody showed up.. larry got him stuck...lol

dalem352

ok i will b their i never been the olustee store is on the corner of 231 & 90
Just ride

mudbucket2

yes 231 & 90 & pine st. i think its a citco station..... where we will be is across the street at the depot

dalem352

awesome i b their  green arcticcat silver dodge
Just ride

strubby

Quote from: mudbucket2 on July 19, 2012, 02:29:37 PM
i would say meet around 7am ,,,, ita across from the olustee store on 90, its on the west side of the road across the tracks. my cell #904 5456730...... as far as 5a if you like mud and water right now is a good time to go. i think you will like it if you go . take a gps if you go alone you can get lost..... mingy got stuck south from where we parked at and befor anybody showed up.. larry got him stuck...lol

Oh ok, glad I didn't go that way then! haha

Sounds like a fun place to ride, I will be down for a ride soon. I'll talk to my Jax friends and see when the group can meet up. Take some pictures when you go!
'13 Scrambler 850 LE
'15 RZR 900 S
'15 RZR XP1000 Highlifter (SOLD)
'12 RZR XP900 LE (SOLD)
'08 Outlaw 450 MXR (SOLD)

dalem352

#22
did osceola today with mudbucket2 & cobrap got a decent 3 hour ride still a little wet from debby more then a few water crossings that got deeper & deeper the futher we went had to turn around they got deeper then my little arcticcat.
Just ride

dalem352

ok
Just ride

SMP63

Glad ya'll had a good time!!! Came close to heading up there but with that short of a ride I'd have spent more time in the truck than on the wheeler! LMAO!! Looks kinda wet for sure.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com