What size cc is legal 4 minors

Started by 1Scorpion, June 24, 2012, 12:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Scorpion

  My wife is trying to talk me into getting back into quads. But we have our granddaughter with us every weekend. So that means getting a couple of quads.
I know they have some BS rule about a certain size quad for under 16. She is 14 but is about 5ft 6.  I can't picture her on a 90cc machine. She rides our Ozark 250 around the house but it has a sticker saying nobody under 16. 
  What is the size limit ?    For riding at Croom and Ocala.   Thanks

SMP63

#1
You are correct about the 90cc. We were going to do the free safty class with an instructor put on by Polaris until they said my 14 yr old son was too young to ride a 500 HO even tho he had been riding it for awhile. Alltho it would have been funny as hell watching him try to ride a 90cc atv!!!!!! After talking with Kris (a ranger @ ONF), as long as they have the proper safty gear-helmet,goggles,gloves,boots that go higher than the ankles & a certificate from a atv safty coarse he was good to go!!!!!!!! My son took an online atv safty coarse & I printed the certificate & carried it with us & had no problems @ Croom or ONF. For boots I took him to Walmart & got the cheapest high top work boots that fit him. If I remember correctly the online safty coarse was $25.       Also good to see you back on the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully your healed up & back to normal or close to it!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

1Scorpion

#2
 Anybody happen to have the web address for the safety course ?    
 This is gonna be exspensive. :o I sold my 4X4 quad last year.  We kept the 250 Ozark for riding around the house. Looks like I'll have to save up to buy 2 quads one for the wife and one for me. I'm glad I kept my trailer. ;D   Thanks for the info.
  Yes I'm almost back to normal.  I think the wife rather have me riding quads than street bikes. Although she hasn't said so.


SMP63

Quote from: ridgerunner on June 25, 2012, 03:55:04 PM
www.atvsafety.org/

That is the online coarse my son took. Sorry, I should have included that in my post.           Glad to hear about the good recovery 1Scorpion!!!!!!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

1Scorpion

 Thanks for the info.  My wife and I are thinking about  looking for used a second quad soon.  I might take her Ozark 250 to Croom this weekend if they are open and try riding for a day to make sure I really want to get back into this.
  It's been a long time since I've ridden.      Thanks again.  I'll have the granddaughter take the course if she is serious about riding.   

trailrider77

i have the same issue with my daughters i took them to get them some atvs and my 12 fit perfect on a 90cc but my 14 yr old looked like a monster on a 90cc but the guy at the dealership said i could get in trouble for putting her on anything bigger.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

Mars

Unless they snuck it in Obamacare it's not a law, it's a recomendation. MFGs like it to get out of law suits.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com