4th of July

Started by trailrider77, June 24, 2012, 09:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrider77

Anybody want to get together and go riding on the 4th of july anywhere like 5A or Croom?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Count me in for 5A ! I am unable to pull my heavy trailer very far. I need a truck, but don't have any extra money.  :'(   Larry

trailrider77

well 5A sounds good to me all i need is a time & directions and im good to go  :)
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

asmart82

I'm in on this one... no chance I will have to work this time!!!

trailrider77

what time are you guys thinking of meeting up?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

It's going to be hot, so I go early. I probably will be there at 7-7:30 AM. If you go later, I will keep checking the parking lot for you. Larry

little blue 300

#6
Quote from: trailrider77 on June 29, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
what time are you guys thinking of meeting up?

Wow! You have a long way to come! It may take you 3 hours to get here.

It's at exit 231 on I-95 near Scottsmoor.

trailrider77

im an early bird so i will be there around 730 unless i get lost lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

i keep trying to google map that exit off i95 and im coming up empty handed.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300


trailrider77

cool that was very helpful is there a gas station or somewhere you want to meet at?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

There's a big parking lot on the west side of that exit and that's where everybody parks. Just park there and let me know what your vehicle is and I will look for you.

I'm easy to find as I drive a blue Hyundai with a 14 foot trailer. I'm the only car out there that pulls a trailer. It's really too much for the car, but I only have 8 miles to travel.

There's a Stuckys on the east side of that exit that has a gas station, but their gas prices are pretty high.

Larry

little blue 300

Quote from: asmart82 on June 25, 2012, 11:15:18 AM
I'm in on this one... no chance I will have to work this time!!!

Are you going to make it ???

trailrider77

Hey lil my wife is a beginner do you think it would be ok for her to come or is it pretty rough out there?
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

My wife's a beginner also and she rides out there all the time. She is visiting our daughter in NC now or she would be there with us.

Sometimes on holidays, the really big trucks invade the place, but they go to one place and they play in the mud. We just go on the trails and keep away from them. They could run over you and never know it.  :O

I'm going tomorrow and I will let you know the conditions when I get home.

Larry

trailrider77

Thank you Larry she'll be happy to know she could come hopefully there won't be to many trucks cause I like to play in mud also lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

We'll find you some mud to play in back at moose pond. That's where alot of the ATV's go to play. I can't do the mud as I only have 2 wheel drive, but I'll watch you.  ;D

Larry

little blue 300

Yesterday I went to 5A and there's some water along some of the trails, but not really too bad. The dust wasn't too bad either, but by Wednesday I'm sure it will be worse.

I do suggest an early meeting if at all possible, cause it got hot in the afternoon. It doesn't look like we are having a very big turn out for this group ride. I guess most people have other plans already made.

Larry

trailrider77

cool i plan on leaving here at 5am that mapquest you sent me shows its about 2 1/2 hr ride
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Great! I will plan on being there by 7:30 AM. Larry

asmart82

Not gonna make it. Have to go to a funeral on the 4th in GA :(

pepito113

Would love to go. But the family decieded to get together and do a beach gathering on 4th of july. I always watch the threads on group rides. I live in south florida and not alot of places to ride unless I ride north.

little blue 300

Sorry that you two can't make it ! Maybe next time ! Larry

352guy

i would love to go but thats a little far for me. my s10 would hate me after that ride

trailrider77

lol my wallet dont like the trip as soon as i hook up the trailer i go from 20mpg to 11mpg if i had a big enough trailer 352 i would tell you to come along.
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

After some loading issues finally about to leave
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

What a great day thanks again to larry your the best thanks for being so patiant with my wife this place is awesome and Larry we'll make a mudder out of you soon lol
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Thank you Carlos and Tammy for traveling so far to ride with me today. I really had a great time! Had to take a nap when I got home.  ;D

Until I get a larger ATV, I better stay out of the mud!  rolback1

Next time we go riding, my wife should be home and we'll hit some different trails.

Larry

trailrider77

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

trailrider77

2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

trailrider77

i wish my wife would have been closer but she was afraid to and it was to hot for me to put my helmet on with the camera but i will next time
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Great videos Carlos and Tammy!

Did Tammy video me anytime that I wasn't stuck?   rolback1

I think that I was stuck most of the time !

Larry

I_N_3

Thanks for sharing Trailrider glad you guys had a good time. Larry as far as getting a bigger quad to go in deeper stuff; I think if you lift, add spacers and maybe some tires to the grizzly you should be good to go...
KiNG QuAD 750

trailrider77

no problem next time if it isn't so freakin how i will wear my helmet and get better closer vids
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch

little blue 300

Quote from: I_N_3 on July 06, 2012, 05:19:57 PM
Thanks for sharing Trailrider glad you guys had a good time. Larry as far as getting a bigger quad to go in deeper stuff; I think if you lift, add spacers and maybe some tires to the grizzly you should be good to go...

I will have to check that out, as I can't afford a larger ATV. Thanks!

I_N_3

No prob. @ Trailrider I see u mention wearing the cam next time. Are u interested in going back next week Saturday?
KiNG QuAD 750

trailrider77

i wish i could but i work next weekend
2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
Snorkeled
Jet Kit
K&N air filter
Super Trapp Mudslinger exhaust
2500lbs winch