DRX70 not firing.....followup

Started by kidvillain, May 28, 2012, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidvillain

BigWorm......made it to Arizona and havin a blast..lil man aint little no more so he's upgraded to my DRX300....still running strong..even on the original battery...lol......anyhow, now the grandkids are 4 and 6 and wanna ride so i dragged the 70 out to give a go to see WTF.....It still has the original problem, it was running just fine, then started to hestitate, drag, then died.....wouldnt re-fire after that and hasnt since......since I just went through a stator and regulator on the Harley I'm wondering if they may be the culprit as well on the 70.......I'm thinkin just to go ahead and replace the CDI and Ignition coil to start and see what happens.......some of the resistance readings I'm gettin on the coil arent making sense....like 14ohm......should be around 0.1 if I'm not mistaken.....not sure where to turn, I did manage to get a complete maintenence printout off the web to repairs and whatnot....just started to dive into this since Glamis is callin my name in 3 weeks..........hope everyone in FLA is still havin a blast, I miss it, but out here its awesome.......freakin riding everywhere.....you can even legally tag your quad for the road.........nuthin like ridin to work on your machine..........

greenmachine

Bad coil should have open reading. When was last time it was run?
If you know it's getting fuel and the carb is not gummed up then check for spark.
If you have spark and fuel then check compression.
Should be around 130+
First step though is always change the spark plug.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Whats up man, sounds like its better riding out there. Call me sometime I have the same # or i can pm it to ya.





East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.