Big ATV ? Which one ?

Started by jwm9289, July 06, 2005, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwm9289

I will use for pulling a mower and around the farm. I will do some trail riding.

i was looking at :
660 yamaha grizzly
650 honda rincon
650 suzuki quad 4x4

& maybe the polaris ???

pro's & con's on all. (btw - i have always owned yamaha street bikes & like them)

Chuck_Norris

kAWASAKI PRAIRIE 650 OR BRUTE FORCE

jwm9289

who makes the big brute
why do you like these over the others

thanks for the reply

jim

svtbolt04

Brutes are good bikes, for their power. But if you ever open up their seats..Many-a-problems could go wrong with all the electrical.. I hear their belts arn't the best of the group.. I like my grizzly for what I used it for.  BTW mine is forsale for 4000 in the forsale section...its a 02.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

jwm9289

location of the griz, y r you saling ?

jwscroll

If your using it for farm work I'd check to see how many attachments you can put on each, and which drive will better suit your needs. I don't own a belt drive so I wouldn't know the pro's and con's of direct versus belt.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

svtbolt04

Hey, Check your PM I sent information on the bike. LMK.

BTW 

You can pull a mower with it, but it would have to be one without a PTO because no bikes have the PTO hookup that I know of.

Also, I dont know if snow is a problem for you, but you can get plows for just about any bike.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

jwscroll

All the mowers I've seen for quads have a motor attached to the deck for running the blades. If I did more open feilds I would consider getting one, but thats all they're really good for.
Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating

svtbolt04

Yes, the ones you are looking at you just start, walk back to your quad make sure its hooked up to the hitch, and pull away..
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

singleshot

I have a 650 Prarie and a swisher rough cut mower that I use to cut 40 acres of property I own once a year.  I have pines planted on it and mow in between the rows of trees.  It will cut anything up to about 1 1/2 in thick.  If you can run over it with the quad it will cut it.  If you will be cutting grass, get the mower designed more for grass.  This one is designed for mulching up brush and gets boged down some on long thick grass.

Over-all I am very happy with my setup.  I used to pay a guy $400 each year to bush hog and now I can do it myself.
2003 Prairie 650
2003 Sportrax 250EX
2003 100 & 90 Extreme

jwm9289

thanks guys for the info.

i just bought a swisher 60" cut with a kohler motor.

jim

yunt2ride

check out the kawasaki, polaris and artic cats also.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com