Blackwater River State Forest

Started by AintSkeered, December 06, 2011, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Powermadd

I saw the proposed plan for the new trails. Have they been opened yet? Showed opening in fall of 2011.

digginfool

I saw the proposal when it first came out.  Haven't seen anything since but Santa Rosa County is basically Eglin Air Force Base, one county east of Pensacola.  If you think the Ranch is a long ride from Sunrise, wait until you drive 600 miles for 21 miles of trails.  I probably won't be riding Black River any time soon.   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Thunderdually

Well if you view the conceptual plan of the park you can tell it was a government design.. Every thing runs around in a circle..  ;) ;D
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

AintSkeered

Yep, 21 miles ain't worth it, unless you live very closeby. And, we ride Appalachicola Forest when we're up that way.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

Tate's Hell, right?  That looked interesting when I checked it out online.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

AintSkeered

#6
I believe Tate's Hell is actually on the southernmost side of the forest. We ride the northwest side, on west side of Tallahassee. The scenery/riding is like ONF, but, far less people. I'd really like to do this; http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/quad0.html
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

That looks pretty cool.  We did a trip two summers ago to Taylor Lake in Colorado, which lies roughly between Gunnison and Aspen.  Here is a link to the RV park we stayed at.  I've got pictures posted on this site (atvflorida.com).  I'll see if I can locate the message and post it up for you.

http://www.taylorparktradingpost.com/
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

digginfool

Hey Aint.  I went back and found the link to the original post I made after my trip to Colorado.  I saw that you had replied so you've already seen these but for those that haven't, I'm reposting the link to the thread.  They're definitely worth checking out.  I really want to go again before my oldest heads off to college.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39984.0.html
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Thunderdually

Awesome pictures...  I wannnna go...
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

Powermadd

I was thinking about making the trip to ride tates hell. Is all the riding mainly roads. Looked nice, but really long straight roads. How are the rangers up there. Really strict on noise levels with aftermarket pipes?

RV Trax

Tates Hell forest is just around the corner for us.  35MPH speed limit and your ATV must be titled and have a sticker in Florida.  There is a daily permit as well as a $65.00 per person annual permit that allows riding in Croom, Apalachicola National Forest, Tates Hell, Ocala National Forest, Black water and other places.  No alcohol is permitted.  Must stay on trails.  As long as you are a responsible rider the law men are ok.
2011 Polaris Sportsman 850 HO
2004 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
2008 Ho Hung Chinese Junk 2wd

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com