Help for a newbie

Started by tmpfla, December 05, 2011, 02:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmpfla

My wife and I are about to purchase a couple of ATVs and are thrilled to have fund this forum!  Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can provide.

We're wondering if there is any place in the central Florida area where we can ride and then store our own ATVs without having to trailer them back and forth from home, or does this type of place not exist.  Obviously we would pay for the privilege of garaging the machines at or near the riding area since trailering them will be difficult for us.

Again, we appreciate any advice you can provide.

patches206

Croom and I think the motorcycle shop out front has storage,
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

SMP63

Welcome to the forum!!!  Dirty Foot Adventures does this. I believe they have full service storage just like a marina, call them when you want to ride & they will have them fueled up & ready to ride!!!!!  www.dirtyfootadventures.com
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

tmpfla

Thanks so much for the quick responses!  I looked at the dirty foot website and I'll call them tomorrow.  From what you described it sounds like exactly what we're looking for.  A boat marina type set up is exactly what we had in our minds.

Patches...when you mentioned the motorcycle shop out front I wasn't sure which ATV par you were referring to.  Was it Dirty Foot also or Croom ATV? 

patches206

#4
Croom is a state forest in Hernando county, I75 and SR50.  I can not recall the name of the place which is out side the front gate.  The big draw back is you can not ride you ATV in from the shop through the front gate, all off road vehicles have to get trailered in to the riding area.  SPM63 gave you the best place for what you were looking for.  One of these days I have to get out to Dirty Foot I have never been out that way.
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Thunderdually

The trails at Dirty Foot Adventures are closed until further notice. (They hope to have the trails open by February 2012)  They do however have the MX Track, Mud Pitt, obstacle course  and the drag strip open at this time.  They need $50.000 to reopen the trails. So the more of us that support them by using the facilities that are open the sooner they  will be able to open up the trails.

If you would like to see what the trails system looks like they have a Google Earth map of the trails on their site  http://www.dirtyfootadventures.com/map/ The Google Earth map is at the bottom of the page.

You can contact Geno for further information Info@dirtyfootadventures.com or call  (863) 245-3676
"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"


Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4

Andy9933

The store next to croom is called Axis powersports at croom.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

tmpfla

Thanks for all the help.  I spoke to Geno earlier...great guy and the place sounds like just what I'm looking for....I only wish there were more like it.    As mentioned earlier the trails are closed but it sounds like they'll be open in the not too distant future.  I look forward to finally getting a couple of machines and seeing some of you out there.

Keeter

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

Mikki33

I know Dirty Foot Adventures allows you to ride (only track & obstacle course are open until Jan when trails will resume) and they also have a storage area for ATV's. There in Polk County off Singletary Rd, near Ft. Meade
Mikki #200C
'08 Honda 450R
Proud dad of Mikayla Hayes-"2012/2013 Quad Super Pee-Wee B Champion"
'11 Raptor 125

"Ride Fast Or Be Last"