Where to ride in Miami/Homestead area?

Started by DjSaneR, December 05, 2011, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjSaneR

Hi, new to the forum and new to Florida.  I was wondering if there are any legal trails/sandpits in the Miami/Homestead area?

Keeter

Welcome!! I ride around the Central to south Florida area but not down that far south. I am sure someone from there will chime in with some guidance.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

DjSaneR

Thanks, Keeter. Looking forward to finding some spots!

CGmudder

The humps, 41st and 143 off of 8th. Will be at 41st Sunday at 930 take turn pike north to 41st make a left go till you hit the mud. Look for a blue Chevy with a yellow Can am X mr.

zman03

A couple of people on here said its still way too wet,  137ave & 8st seems to have dried up pretty good, I might check it out sunday about 10am ;) 
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

ground_sniper

I'm going out to 41st tomorrow, if it's too wet I'll try to take pics/let you know.  More than likely, I see myself heading down to the Hump.  Last time I was at 41st, I ran over a fish.   ;)
1987 Honda ATC200S Beater/Frankenstein
1984 Honda ATC200ES/Camo/Stock
1989 S-10 4x4 Blazer, 6" lift on 33s SOLD
1980 AMC 4.2 CJ-5 restoration project.

jrpro130

41st isn't too wet if you have a 4wd with snorkels
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

DjSaneR

The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 

jrpro130

Quote from: DjSaneR on December 14, 2011, 06:18:43 PM
The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 

Unfortunately no, none of the places people ride in south florida are legal unless it is their property or have a written consent from the property owner. 

Places like 8th street, 41st, etc are illigal to ride...some are tolerated though
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

zman03

jrpro, Tolerated in my opinion is not the word.  Tresspass is simply not enforced unless your on water mngt. land or on a property that can access water mngt. land. and water mngt. land is patrolled by FWC. When  metrodade/state trooper gets involved its because they were called or they actually witnessed a guy riding on the street like at 41st or 137ave &8st. Its pretty easy to see where your gonna have an issue from the map.   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

1ofAkind

Quote from: DjSaneR on December 14, 2011, 06:18:43 PM
The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 
I was stopped by fwc on the back side of the hump simply to see if I had registration stickers for the Atv's, other than that he said riding is okay there as long as under 16 year olds are wearing helmets

TNTaylor

Quote from: 1ofAkind on December 16, 2011, 05:03:31 AM
Quote from: DjSaneR on December 14, 2011, 06:18:43 PM
The Humps.. Is this place legal?  I'll have my 5 year old with me so running from the cops isn't an option. 
I was stopped by fwc on the back side of the hump simply to see if I had registration stickers for the Atv's, other than that he said riding is okay there as long as under 16 year olds are wearing helmets

The same thing has happened to me back there a few times but never had a problem.  I've also seen them make arrests and confiscate quads.  Beware, Homestead police will arrest anyone they catch riding on the streets.
2006 Suzuki Vinson Camo
2007 Raptor 700

zman03

Thank you Homestead police!!!! :bow.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif    I hope they arrest all the morons riding on the streets!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Dowdy

i ride all over the street in homestead FL city and in Redlands .....somehow they dont seem to bother me ........cant speak for those that fly down US1  do wheels all over and just act a fool on the streets....matter fact theres a bunch of us that ride from our houses out west to Jacks Continually....and no problems .....

BKK

me my 3 yr old and husband ride the humps behind the racetrack , u can also access it from the dirt roads off card sound , very fun , just stay out of the farmers land you should be good :)

klutchbuster400

My quad as been garaged for a while now since seminole closed down. Not taking the chances of riding anywhere illegal, One cop tells you it's fine while the other one writes you a ticket.

Luckily I have a friend that owns land right down the street from my house, but even then you can only ride the same trails so many times.

XtremeH18

I agree with klutchbuster400... That's how I got f**k by FWC... One FWC officer told me it was fine to ride on the levy and then another one proceeds to f**k up my record..  :'(

I can't believe your consider a criminal for riding an atv on dirt.. AMAZING!!!!  :o

Anoriginal

Quote from: XtremeH18 on March 23, 2012, 03:15:18 PM
I agree with klutchbuster400... That's how I got f**k by FWC... One FWC officer told me it was fine to ride on the levy and then another one proceeds to f**k up my record..  :'(

I can't believe your consider a criminal for riding an atv on dirt.. AMAZING!!!!  :o

There's an easy way to avoid these types of situations.

Never ride anywhere that you don't have the express permission from the land owner to ride. LEO's cannot give you permission to ride anywhere. They never have the authority to do so unless they're an owner.

When it comes to FWC officers, the same applies. If the management area/property you're interesting in riding in has regulations that prohibit ORV or ATV use, the FWC can't give you permission that conflicts with the rules and regulations. All WMA's have published rule and most prohibit ORV use. If it's not a WMA but, it's government owned property, you should always assume that ORV use is prohibited. Doesn't make a hill of beans what a certain officer tells you. Trespassing is still trespassing.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.