Newbie looking for ATV

Started by medalian1, February 16, 2006, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medalian1

Hey new member here.

My brother and I were talking about buying into River Ranch as I came across it a couple days ago on flebay.  He has some Honda 4x4 400+cc shaft driven ATV that he rides a bunch and I was thinking about buying one so we could ride together either at croom or if we buy into RR.

Anyway I was thinking about buying the Bombardier Rally ...
http://www.bombardier-atv.com/en-US/Vehicles/2006/Rally/

It seems like a good beginners ATV but is a bit on the weak side maybe, 176cc.  I'd like to not spend more than $3500 and don't want 4x4 ... it doesn't have to be new.  Any suggestions?  Also I was originally looking at the Bombardier DS250, but apparently RR frowns on these and my bro said that his is meant for mud not jumps/speed, so I think I should stick with something that I can tool around with him.  He also was telling me not to buy a chain driven ATV (and the rally is chain), cause it'll come off or get crap stuck all up inside it while mudding.

Any suggestions?  Where do I find a good selection of used ATVs?  I'm located near Tampa if that helps.

I tried several search terms but came up with sooo many results.  After about 30 minutes of looking for a thread like this I decided to one.

05greengriz

first of all, welcome to the site, secondly if your looking into buying into R.R. you better go ahead and purchase a 4x4 for the upcoming summer. Welcome and enjoy the site and don't be afraid to jump right in and post and ask questions
07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http

Da_Mtg_Man

I agree with 05green. You will need a 4x4 during rainy season out there.My 8 yr old rides a Honda Recon 2x4 and it does very well, it is snorkled and I still have to push him out fairly often. It gets pretty deep out there in alot of spots.Look around on atvtrader online and you'll find something in your price range.

By the way, welcome to the site.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Toomey

A Honda Recon or Rancher are good quads.  They do well in the mud, are very reliable, and are preety cheap.  The Recon is two wheel drive and 250cc, and the Rancher is four wheel drive and the old ones are 350cc, and the newer ones are 400cc.  Both are air cooled and shaft driven, electric start, and reverse.  Happy mudding!  :)
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

NPRVinson

Welcome to the site, my daughter rides a Suzuki 250 Ozark and it's a great little quad. 2x4, shaft drive and you can get a new one in Crystal River in the price range you want. If you are planning on mudding you should consider a 4x4 400cc minimum. Don't go too small or settle for something you really don't want cause when you are ready to trade up ( which usually don't take long ) you will not get your money back out of it. Good luck.

garym

good morning and welcome to the site,

go to ebay, then atv, and then Honda and there are several 2004 ranchers on the site in the price range you want.  I think one was at Bell's in Deland. Get the 4x4. I rode at RR last weekend and the 4x4 came in handy several times and it isnt even the wet season yet.

Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

donnie_darko

welcome i just got my 1st quad. i love it a 05 kawasaki prairie 360 4x2 from a dealer here in tampa. brand new 3800.00 i love it. good luck

o4250

Quote from: donnie_darko on March 05, 2006, 10:44:37 PM
welcome i just got my 1st quad. i love it a 05 kawasaki prairie 360 4x2 from a dealer here in tampa. brand new 3800.00 i love it. good luck

Please ride it, You've mad 15 posts withing the last 20 minutes. :o

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com