If anyone's interested..this is what I've been doing since I stopped riding.

Started by TRX450R_Racer, July 07, 2011, 03:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

IXIswamperIXI

Looks good!!  That's stang is going to be to nice to drive  ;) keep us posted.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on July 07, 2011, 12:32:45 PM
Looks good!!  That's stang is going to be to nice to drive  ;) keep us posted.

Thanks!
I also got rid of my GMC Sierra 4X4 and got this 4 weeks ago

2002 Lightning. Like brand new with 18,752 miles on it.



Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

IXIswamperIXI

That'll be nice pulling your mustang.  White on white, need to paint the trailer white. LOL  Are you building it to show it, drive it, or both?
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

TRX450R_Racer

It will be used for both. I'm adding new pictures to the thread now.
Thanks.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Thread updated.

Future plans are 5 lug conversiuon with Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes. Then custom interior.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

svtbolt04

Had an 04, hence the username and I miss it every week. Cant wait to see the wheel conversion!
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: svtbolt04 on July 07, 2011, 10:46:21 PM
Had an 04, hence the username and I miss it every week. Cant wait to see the wheel conversion!

The truck is a blast to drive. I like it more every day.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Bigscrb15

Nice job Frank! Looks like you have definitely had no free time lately. Let us know how it goes when you fire it up today!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on July 09, 2011, 02:23:56 PM
Nice job Frank! Looks like you have definitely had no free time lately. Let us know how it goes when you fire it up today!

Thanks! Will do. I will be making a video.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

lawnman58

thats  is one bad ass mustang frank !  its going to be sweet when its finish.  what color are you doing the interior ?
cr125  yz 250  rmz 450

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: lawnman58 on July 09, 2011, 04:13:50 PM
thats  is one bad ass mustang frank !  its going to be sweet when its finish.  what color are you doing the interior ?


Thanks!
I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it, but it will be charcoal gray and red.

Build thread updated again.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

IXIswamperIXI

I was going to ask you if you had started it yet.  Are they new fuel lines or the originals?  Now you'll find yourself coming home starting it up just to listen to it. At least I did LOL then your wife will say was all that revving necessary. LOL

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

TRX450R_Racer

The fuel lines are original. I was able to fix it with some advice from one of the members on the Corral. I'm going to try to get it dyno tuned on Monday. The car is backed in the garage. I had to tape around the door going to the house, because she said the exhaust fumes were killing her.
It also needs an alignment.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

RAD 450r

WOW nice Frank, I don't know if you remember me but I have the KFX450 and use to ride with joe a little bit.  We've ridden at L-cross together a couple years back.  I too have a lighting, you should check out Lightningrodder.com , specifically the FLRC section.  Pretty good site.

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: RAD 450r on July 30, 2011, 09:28:24 PM
WOW nice Frank, I don't know if you remember me but I have the KFX450 and use to ride with joe a little bit.  We've ridden at L-cross together a couple years back.  I too have a lighting, you should check out Lightningrodder.com , specifically the FLRC section.  Pretty good site.



I remember you. I'm on Lightningrodder. Screen name is *SVT*.
I had the car dyno tuned today. I put down 396HP/402TQ. I'm very happy with the out come.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

The car pulls nice. I still have a few bugs to work out.
When I was installing everything I had to remove the right side header a few times. In the process I tore the gasket. I got a set of fel-pro header gaskets. I've read the BBK ones are junk. I almost changed the left side too, but said to myself, it's on there just leave it. Well the left side gasket is leaking. I guess I will be changing that out now.

Here's the dyno graph.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.