Does anyone run water methanol or propane injection into there diesel?

Started by Mudneck, September 06, 2011, 10:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudneck

Does anyone run water methanol or propane injection into there diesel? I am looking into adding this to my 7.3, thanks
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

digginfool

My brother did it with his 7.3.  Never really noticed any performance gains.  Helped a little on mileage but it's hard to tell if it's cost-effective.  By the time you're done doing the math and adding the incremental cost of the equipment it doesn't work out too well.  Since the tank has hung empty under his truck for the last 3 - 4 years, I think it's safe to say if he had it to do over he wouldn't have dropped the cash.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Mudneck

The propane system runs around 1k with no tank. Water Methanol is about $575 complete. Propane costs more than windshield wiper fluid & burns 50* hotter as the Methanol reduces temp & washes cylinders. I would be interested in the Water system, if I were able to talk with someone that actually runs it & not trying to sell it I may try it out. I run my truck on 100% veggie oil. So my fuel costs are pretty cheap. Both systems boast a 15-20% mileage increase.

Thanks for the input.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]