137th Ave and SW 8th Street In Miami

Started by batman, June 03, 2011, 04:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyd2450

I'm new to riding in south FL, I just rode at NW 41st and had a great time (utility quads).  Where is the riding place you guys are calling tamiami?  The 137 ave place looks to be to hot with the cops right now and I want to try some place different.

USMC686

Basically we meet behind Tamiami airport at sw 136st and sw 162 ave. Then we ride west past krome ave  along sw 136st that leads into the everglades were all the trails are and head north from there.
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

zman03

dannyd2450, we just rode at 137 ave and 8st last sunday with usmc, you sayin the cops were there at 137and 8st? when?    and just so you know anything west of krome is the everglades nat'l park area and you can get a $500.00 fine and can be subject to arrest by FWC. usmc I think I mentioned that? 
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

USMC686

Zman03.. I've been riding in this area for years along with nw 41 and 137&8th. Fwc patrols all 3 locations and yes its illegal to ride in all 3 spots. But like everything else you have to be smart on how you ride. I've never had any problems with any encounters with FWC,and just so you know more people ride behind tamiami then they do on 8th 8).
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

zman03

I guess you've been lucky :ThumbsUp.gif  I choose not to push my luck ;)   
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Dannyd2450

You guys are right about the cops..... As long as your cool, they normally treat you ok.  As a newbie, I'll stick to nw 41st for a while....  

zman03

like the old song says "play at your own risk"
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

USMC686

Everytime we ride we all know its the wild west out there. Definately have to ride and be careful ;).It would be nice if we had a park down here like croom ...
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

zman03

I've already requested a meeting with the Mayor of Dade county. I hope to make some progress on the trail system we talked about the day we rode at 137ave and 8st.  keep your fingers crossed ;)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

USMC686

 :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

Dannyd2450

Zman, let me know if there is anything I can help with.

zman03

will do!!! ;) thanks for the offer :ThumbsUp.gif
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

YELLOW RR

I tried riding 8th street saturday 7/16..too many mosquitos & too much water for me to have fun.
2007 LTR450

rdm225

That picture looks like its near macs fish camp?

Dannyd2450

Yellow, how bad is the water?  I have 4wd bikes, but With too much mud, it becomes a pain.

YELLOW RR

Quote from: Dannyd2450 on July 19, 2011, 07:29:59 PM
Yellow, how bad is the water?  I have 4wd bikes, but With too much mud, it becomes a pain.
Dan, You should be fine. I just dont like getting wet.
2007 LTR450

Dannyd2450

Cool, I might try 137th this Sunday..... If not there, I'll go to NW 41st again.  Anyone else?

serg88

Anybody down 4 a night ride by tamiami airport let me know withing 45 min ray n I will b riding

USMC686

Its a ghost town in here . Where r the riders at?? 8)
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

zman03

Dude lets plan a sat night camp and ride in the woods ::) :drink.gif  we'll cook out, my treat this time  set up the tent, break out the generator :dunno.gif :ThumbsUp.gif    lets get some people together to set it up!!! ;)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

pepito113

Hi everyone. been really busy with work and the family. Been following the tread. See everyone is still talking and riding....
ZMAN where do u want to do a night ride and camp? I will only have my bike down here for 3 more weeks as hunting season is starting in SC and I will be taking it up. Let me know...

USMC686

I work at night and would def be down to ride during the day. I went riding at night the other night with serg88 and let me tell you the mosquitos were no joke. So if anyone wants to ride let me know I'm down .
-RIDE HARD OR GO HOME-

zman03

I hope its dry for this this sunday to do a little ride in the woods!! ::)
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

serg88


hondaracer863

I might be in for Sun what time you looking like heading out there?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com