What is wrong with our world today

Started by Starbuc71, June 22, 2012, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starbuc71

I usually don't post much on here except in the where to ride section, but I got pretty upset today.  I was just reading the new issue of Dirtwheels and saw that Artic Cat is possibly looking to build a 4 seater wild cat to compete with the polaris RZR 4 seater.  The article stated that a top of the line model would cost you in the upwards of $19,000.  WHAT?  I can not believe these prices nowadays and the stupid people that will pay them.  Come on... $19K for atv/dune buggy? What happend to the day of finding a decent used quad or jeep for a few grand or even a few hundred.  I got into a discussion with a salesman at a local can-am dealership a few weeks ago and we had a discussion about can-am.  I was a stupid one about 4 years ago who would do anything to own a new 800 Renegade.  I actually and stupidly traded a 07 outlander 800 and a 07 outlander 400 plus some cash for that renegade. STUPID.  i have learned a lot since then and will never stoop to can-am rediculious pricing.  $12-$13K for a outlander 2up?  Last I looked this economy is still tanking and the unemployment rate continues to rise.  I never understood the people who drive a $1000 truck, but buy a $10K quad only to see how deep they can sink it in mud.  I told this salesman I would never buy a can-am again due to mark-up, lack of availablity of parts (always backordered from Canada) and non-ability to work on the thing yourself.  Sorry to vent here but i'm sick of the way this country is going and for Can-am to get a huge insane profit and rake us ATVers over the coals is wrong.  I would buy a 1979 jeep for $2k before can-am or artic cat got my $19K.  bash if you will but I know a lot of you feel the same way.  Long live the 1986 Suzuki Quadracer for $3800 out the door. :)
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

Cpearl

Eh, some people can still afford to buy stupidly priced items that are more of a luxury for us little guys and not much of a big deal for the rich blood.

I personally wouldn't buy something of that price unless I was a millionaire. No reason to buy four wheeled fun at that size when I could take 19k and dump it into an actual truck.
Automated Gelatin Thrower For Sale! :)
[url="http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html"]http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/electronic/182509-mint-dangerous-power-sale.html[/url]

www.chrispearlphotography.com

Starbuc71

2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

cr500pro

america has  gotten brain washed by ad's & promotions..look at any atv magazine 1st u see some young guy super happy sitting on his 2013  atv that costs $10grand,then he is even happier spending an extra $5grand on his bike(after market parts) and spending even more on his  top of the line riding gear,then he is putting his atv into a top of the line enclosed trailer and a $50k truck pulling it..thats basicaly are saying if u spend as u  can,then u will be happy like him.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com