Main Menu

RZR charging

Started by IXIswamperIXI, May 26, 2011, 12:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I have a Polaris RZR and I jumped it to get it started (it's been sitting for about 5 months) battery was dead it cranked right up but when I take the jumper cables off it dies every time.

My question is , does the charging system need positive voltage to keep it charging?  If i put in a new battery will it eventually die because it is just running of the new battery? 

Thanks
Brad
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Johnny Rotten

If you're not already a member try rzrforums.net .  There will definately be someone on there that can answer your question.
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

IXIswamperIXI

That's a good idea. I was also going to check with our local guy.

Thanks
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

svtbolt04

Battery is trash at its current state. You're going to need to either recharge and test it or replace it. I am guessing your coil is running off the dc output and as soon as you pull the power, you kill the spark. If you are going to leave your quad, bike, car or tractor unused for months at a time, it would be wise to invest into a battery tender, a decent one. It takes minutes to install the pigtail and seconds to plug in when you get done.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

IXIswamperIXI

Thanks for the info.  I know about the battery maintainers just didn't realize it wasn't hooked up. I'm pretty sure the battery is shorted out that's why it won't run on it's own. Won't know till i get home.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.