Two Minutes to Help Free Up 43 Million Acres of Public Land

Started by Johnny Rotten, April 08, 2011, 03:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Rotten

I found this on the rzr forum and thought I would pass it along.  Just two minutes of your time.



Contact your Representative today!

Representative and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) along with Representative Rob Bishop (R-UT), Chairman of the House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands and Representative Steve Pearce (R-NM), Chairman of the Congressional Western Caucus plan to introduce the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 shortly. This bill would remove restrictions to motorized access on more than 40 million acres of public land nationwide.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and All-Terrain Vehicle Association (ATVA) support this bill and applaud McCarthy, Bishop and Pearce for helping every American achieve greater access to our public lands. On April 5, 2011, the AMA and ATVA sent McCarthy a letter of support for this bill.

The Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act would remove the riding ban on 6.7 million acres managed by the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and riding restrictions that may be in place for 36.1 million acres of U.S. Forest Service (USFS) land.

Go to the following link, fill in your zip code at the bottom and it site will automatically write out an email to your Representative:  American Motorcyclist Association

Please give this thread a "BUMP" after you send your letter
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Anoriginal

Done!

That was quick, fast and easy.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY ALL OF US ON THIS SITE SHOULDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO FILL OUT THE EMAIL/LETTER FORM AND SEND IT.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Backwoods Racin

Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL

ShortBusHEMI

done.. if you guys have Facebook, share the link on there!! spread the word
08 TRX450ER

SMP63

did mine yesterday!!  look in atv activist on this site. also did at the link here. the link in atv activist is different so i did both!! check it out. ;D
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

r6realtor

2011 Polaris Ranger Pursuit camo 800
27" radial outlaws, diesel wheels 2"emp lift, FTD roof, multi mount winch

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 550

2009 yamaha raptor 700

patches206

(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

NYRAPTOR


eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Rare Earth Rider

Takes less than two min. done.
Mud Milisha Lets Ride
Polaris Ranger 700 XP
4000 LB Gorilla Winch
UNI Air Filter
"Super Tip" clutch Weights
30" ITP Mud Lites
Dobeck Performance TFI
AMB Manuf. 2" lift
Side mount tool box
Plywood Roof LOL
Team performance clutch

eldiablo64

THIS IS WHAT I GOT BACK



 
 

 

April 14, 2011

 

 

 

Dear Mr. Dees,

 

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding responsible motorized outdoor recreation.  I can't do my job effectively as your representative without knowing what issues matter most to you, so I appreciate you letting me know where you stand on this important issue. 

 

As you may know, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is responsible for the management and conservation of resources on public lands.  I believe that the intent of the BLM - to make certain that the resources and activities we enjoy in the outdoors are available to future generations – is a noble one.  Like you, I am an avid outdoors enthusiast.  I enjoy being able to go out with my sons and reconnect while hunting, fishing, or taking a hike in any of the scenic locations throughout Florida's 5th District.  I want them to be able to share that experience with their children and grandchildren as well. 

 

However, we must be careful not to over regulate by restricting motorized access to public lands when it is unnecessary.  I came to Congress to bring balance back to the federal government - balance in our budget, balance in our regulations, and the constitutional balance between states and the federal government  I worry that politicians in Washington have forgotten that the things they do here have real effects on the lives of all Americans. 

 

As you have noted, Congressman Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has yet to introduce the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act.  As such, I cannot commit to cosponsoring a piece of legislation I haven't seen.  However, ensuring that responsible motorized recreationists have access to public lands is important to me.  Rest assured that if this legislation is considered by the House, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

 

Again, thank you for contacting me about the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act.  My team and I are here to provide you with any assistance you may require.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, I encourage you to contact my office by writing, calling, or through my website at http://nugent.house.gov . While you're visiting the website, I hope you will take a moment to consider registering for my newsletter. It's a great way to stay informed on the issues without having to sort through all of the spin. 

 

 



Sincerely,

Richard Nugent
Member of Congress


TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com