Promoting racing

Started by Orangecycle1, April 07, 2011, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangecycle1

I know I bring this up too late, but maybe next year.
I had group of  riders come through the shop today on the way to the Leesburg bikefest. Spending the weekend and was wanting to know if there was any racing going on in the area. What if next year SDTA sat down with the owner of the track and plan a schedule around some of the local bikefest, Leesburg, starke, ect. I know it cost $$$ to put an ad in the local bike mags. But print up some flyers and pass them out on Saturday at leesburg. "1/4 mile flattrack racing under the lights in Ocala, just 30 minutes away"???? Was just thinking of ways to really drive spectator attendance at the races. Maybe it has already been tried???
just my thoughts,
David and Pat
Orange Cycle
Hoosier Tire Dealer
1985 CR500 Framer
2008 ATK/Cannondale 450FT Quad
2008 ATK/cannondale 450FT Motorcycle
2002 Honda CRF450 DTX
Parts discounts to SDTA and SSQSA Members

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com