Be careful if you ride Hastings/10,000 acres for snakes.

Started by xchief1320, February 27, 2011, 03:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xchief1320

A few of us ended up riding there today and came across a Moccasin and a Rattle snake, both on trails not out in the actual woods. The Moccasin was about 2-3 feet and the Rattle snake was about 16" or so, But if there are small ones there are big ones. So be careful out there..

It was VERY dusty out there. I won't be back untill it gets some rain.

Dixie Normous

yeah, I've shot a couple of water mocassins out there myself in the past...one was as big around as my arm and est. 3-4 ft long. It was in the ditch out beside the road where everyone parks to ride. You just have to be aware while you ride...
09 Camo TRX500 Foreman
2" Perfex Long Travel Lift Kit
HomeDepot Snorkel
28" Outlaws
HMF Utility Exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit

pault

We were out there last Sunday and seen a few. Not sure what kind they were but you definetly have to watch it expeciallly if you go with kids. I'm not a big fan of snakes and will normally go the other way. I have also heard there are a few gators over by the washboard. Exchief, by the name would you be retired navy.

MedicMudder

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

IXIswamperIXI

Its always good to be careful!

Thought of this joke I posted some time ago  ;)

=> NAME: *Expecteria Trouserius* (Trouser Snake)
=> LOCATION: Throughout the world

=> DESCRIPTION: One-eyed, with mushroom-shaped head (other types come with extra layers of skin) Varying from pink to black. Fang-less with a highly venomous spit. (Spit can reach distances up to 2-3 feet) *Size varies from 3 to 12 inches, depending on its mood & sub-species.

=> SYMPTOMS: This snake attacks mainly women in the lower front abdomen, resulting in an inconspicuous bump. Then a severe swelling followed by excruciating pain after nine months. The attack is not usually fatal. Beware: It has been known to attack men in the rear lower abdomen!

=> HABITAT: Usually found in bedrooms, but has been known to appear in the most unusual places.

=> ANTIDOTE: Various types of vaccine available for women. However, once the venom is injected into the body only drastic measures will ensure complete recovery. There is no known antidote for men.

=> WHAT TO DO WHEN ATTACKED

TOURNIQUET: Do not apply a tourniquet as the venom is too deep in the body to be affected.

CUTTING THE WOUND: This would be completely unnecessary and ineffective as the bleeding will stop after a few weeks anyhow.

SUCKING THE WOUND: This method is the most popular with the victim, but so far has not been reported to have led to any success.

=> CONCLUSION: This snake, although it is very aggressive and active, is not necessarily a vermin, and treated with the right respect, makes a wonderful pet.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

mtbatvrider

Snakes where is this place so I can go see what your talking about?? Thanks

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."