transporting

Started by FL250ex88, March 07, 2011, 07:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL250ex88

I'm in new york and Im a broke college kid. I am going back fl on may 1st. I town a pickup truck with the towing package v8 fully loaded. Anyway my friend said him and his dad transport animals, cars, etc for a great rate when they leave town are there any web sites that could hook me with someone who needs to transport?

Thank you

Johnny Rotten

My advise would be to stay in college...  :N
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

shogun323

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Johnny Rotten

#3
Quote from: shogun323 on March 07, 2011, 10:26:28 AM
www.uhaul.com

See. People do not understand what you are asking.

Let me try to help...

Mr. FL250 is going to college in NY, is broke, is getting some time off in May, and is planning on driving back to Florida.  FL250's friend has told him that when he and his dad leave town they get a client that needs to have items transported, to or around the same place they are going, to help pay for or offset the cost of their trip. Since FL250 owns a pickup truck with a V8 and has a towing package, he would like to do the same thing to either pay for or at least help pay his expenses back to Florida.  

Now his question is, Does anyone on here know of any websites that can hook him up with people in need of having things transported?

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Baileygunns

Craigslist.... I see adds for transport all the time. Especialy in the motorcycle section. Maybe hook up with someone here in Daytona for bike week that needs to get a bike back up north.

FL250ex88

Exactly. Should I post an ad on craigslist?

FL250ex88

Quote from: Baileygunns on March 07, 2011, 12:09:27 PM
Craigslist.... I see adds for transport all the time. Especialy in the motorcycle section. Maybe hook up with someone here in Daytona for bike week that needs to get a bike back up north.

any links Im shocked its so hard to find this type of work.

Baileygunns

Post an ad... I usualy see ads for people offering the service...

Anoriginal

Quote from: Baileygunns on March 08, 2011, 08:54:10 AM
Post an ad... I usualy see ads for people offering the service...

I agree with Baileygunns. I've seen ads for transport in the past. Start posting ads now and see what you get. It might surprise you.
Best of luck to you.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

Mudneck

I need 3 bales from the Bronx brought down to Miami.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

AintSkeered

That opposite of the usual route!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

FL250ex88

Where do you see the ads for transporting on craigslist? I posted on transporting they flagged my ads

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com