Main Menu

ONF

Started by susieblazer, March 08, 2011, 09:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMP63

When you go to the Square Meal try the fried catfish. Gonna get that the next time I'm there.
Not a big fan of catfish but the owner gave us a sample & it was very good.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

SMP63

#126
My wife & I are planning to ride ONF this Saturday 10-22. Was wondering if anybody would like to join us!! Let me know, you're more than welcome to join us!!!!!!! Should be some great temps for a ride.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

zephyr

Wherein ONF are you going to be riding and what time are you leaving?
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

SMP63

Hows it been going Zephyr. Gonna ride the north trails & will be heading that way about 9am.
I will use the trail head on 316. 
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

SMP63

We had a great ride @ ONF with Zephyr!!  Temps where great, some of the Hog Valley & Tobacco Patch trails where tire hopped kinda bad tho. Allot of hunters on the trails putting up tree stands for the upcoming deer season!! Delancy campground had quite a few campers there. All in all had an excellent time!!!!!  Made it back to the trail head as the sun went down.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Starbuc71

Rode the centennial Trail early this morning around 8am.  It was 50 degrees out and was perfect for riding.  The trail was overall good condition with no trees blocking the trail.  the worst part was the hunters running dogs.  We must have seen 20 different trucks with cages and many were driving down trails that were for ATV's only.  They made many deep ruts that were a tad too wide for the ATV so at some spots it was difficult.  All in all it was a great day
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

bigwili

So I am new. Is there a campground that you can stay in a ride quads out to the trails? Like Croom?.

mrbones

Lake Delancy, West Side does.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

SMP63

If you want to ride the Centennial Trail theres the Big Scrub Campground also!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

bigwili

I parked a big scrub years ago and it was just a big grass parking lot. and everybody said to chain dogs to everything or it would get stolen. is it different now?

SMP63

There's picknick tables @ every campsite & couple bathrooms with showers. In the cooler months it would be a nice place to camp. Just not enough shade trees for the summer.  As for stuff walking off, can't help you there. The last time i rode thru there on the wheeler their were
a couple tents set up with vehicles there & they were unattended.  It's a shame people can't leave other peoples stuff alone!!!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Starbuc71

Quote from: SMP63 on November 06, 2011, 01:25:16 AM
There's picknick tables @ every campsite & couple bathrooms with showers. In the cooler months it would be a nice place to camp. Just not enough shade trees for the summer.  As for stuff walking off, can't help you there. The last time i rode thru there on the wheeler their were
a couple tents set up with vehicles there & they were unattended.  It's a shame people can't leave other peoples stuff alone!!!!

I totally agree with you.  We all work hard for what we have and all it takes is one stupid a$$ and we get screwed
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

SMP63

I know what your saying man!!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

zephyr

Rode the north trails this past weekend and while stopped at one of the trail heads meet Kirk one of the NICE rangers He was very professional asked to check the green tags and all was ok. The north end of the yellow loop is getting very sandy and wooped out. The brown loop southern section is poorly marked. Other wise it was a great ride.
2010 Green Polaris Sportsman 800

SMP63

That part of the brown loop is a little lacking as far as markers, just remember to keep heading south if tyring to get back to the trail head!!   Hows things beeen going Zephyr?
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

kdclere

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the trails.  To answer a question I saw a page back, trimming our trails is more than fine, just please keep it to the growth next to the trail and not any TREES or anything to make a new trail.
I will relay to Kyle to poorly marked southern section of the Brown.
I am in charge of the Centennail on the South and I and gearing to start the maintenance season again down there so enjoy the hopefully "smooth and clear" trails and keep an eye out for any maintenance crew if you are riding mon-fri.
If you have specific questions about the Centennial, check out the Centennial Thread under Where To Ride in the Forum.

-Kris

SMP63

My daughter & I will be going to ride the north trails one day next week & then take my son to 5A & ride. Let me know if you want to ride along!
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

patches206

Quote from: SMP63 on December 24, 2011, 12:38:22 PM
My daughter & I will be going to ride the north trails one day next week & then take my son to 5A & ride. Let me know if you want to ride along!

I wish I could go. :'( :'( :'(
(AKA) Ayatollah Patches
Quad32Ex-lax has a mangina!
Quad32Ex-lax worse nightmare
Quad32Ex-laxblows!
Quad32Ex-lax likes men!
Quad32Ex-lax likes Sheep!

Starbuc71

Rode the north trails on a spare of the moment thing early this morning.  The weather was great and so were the trails.  We rode the yellow and brown trails totalingabout 50 miles.  The only part of the trail that was rough was a small part of the south end of the yellow where they must have brought a big dozer through and caused some ripples in the trail.  The dust however was insane.  There were 3 of us and I was in the rear.  I sucked up so much dust it wasn't funny.  So bad I had to stop at some turns because I could not see which way the trail went.  We need some rain!!!  Overall, it was a great day.  Can't wait for hunting season to be over so I go back to riding safely on the centennial trail
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

SMP63

I believe my son & i bumped into your group "literally", I srubbed fenders with the lead bike, a good looking blond was on it. Ummm not to argue with you but the ripples you speak of was inbetween Delancy Loops & Lake Oklawaha. I also think it was a big dozzer. We rode the outside trails starting @ the trail head on 316 & yes it a great day for riding & it was super dusty!!!! Seen a small black bear & a couple deer on the store 88 connector trail!! My son wanted to ride there instead of 5A. 
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

Starbuc71

Quote from: SMP63 on January 09, 2012, 03:48:17 AM
I believe my son & i bumped into your group "literally", I srubbed fenders with the lead bike, a good looking blond was on it. Ummm not to argue with you but the ripples you speak of was inbetween Delancy Loops & Lake Oklawaha. I also think it was a big dozzer. We rode the outside trails starting @ the trail head on 316 & yes it a great day for riding & it was super dusty!!!! Seen a small black bear & a couple deer on the store 88 connector trail!! My son wanted to ride there instead of 5A. 

Nope, not us.  Haven't rode with a good looking blonde in a long time.  Your right about the ripples.  I still loose my sense of direction alot.  I'm still hacking up dirt today.  I need to find some kind of mask to wear if it continues to be that dusty.  I'm getting over a cold and the dust did not help.  Lucky you that you saw a bear.  We have been hoping to see some good wildlife but no luck yet
2011 Can Am outlander 800R XXC

SMP63

Quote from: Starbuc71 on January 10, 2012, 01:56:34 AM
Quote from: SMP63 on January 09, 2012, 03:48:17 AM
I believe my son & i bumped into your group "literally", I srubbed fenders with the lead bike, a good looking blond was on it. Ummm not to argue with you but the ripples you speak of was inbetween Delancy Loops & Lake Oklawaha. I also think it was a big dozzer. We rode the outside trails starting @ the trail head on 316 & yes it a great day for riding & it was super dusty!!!! Seen a small black bear & a couple deer on the store 88 connector trail!! My son wanted to ride there instead of 5A. 

Nope, not us.  Haven't rode with a good looking blonde in a long time.  Your right about the ripples.  I still loose my sense of direction alot.  I'm still hacking up dirt today.  I need to find some kind of mask to wear if it continues to be that dusty.  I'm getting over a cold and the dust did not help.  Lucky you that you saw a bear.  We have been hoping to see some good wildlife but no luck yet

We buy dust masks @ walmart, they work good. The blond was a passenger, couldn't tell you what the guy (driver) looked like. LOL!!!!!!  We decided to ride the trails in the opposite direction than usual to change it up. Next time we ride up there gonna ride Centennial & then go over to Wiregrass. Haven't rode Wiregrass yet.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

mulemedics

any info on restrictions on side by sides????  I was at ONF about 5 yrears ago with my mule 610, but have since had a kid so we need to upgrade.  All of the new ones are a lot bigger.  If i go bigger and wider can I still ride at ONF???
2012 Polaris ranger crew

SMP63

On the North Ocala trails, most are mixed use trails. All of Hog Valley, Tobacco Patch, Longleaf
(except a small section) are mixed use. Parts of Pipeline are also. The only ones that aren't is the Motorcycle Loop & Delancy Loop trails.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to

SMP63

The wife & I had a great time yesterday on the north trails. Got rained on a couple times but didn't last long. The trails were in great shape & the whoops on the north side of Delancy camp ground have been smoothed out!!!!   Gonna ride Centennial Loop next time we go.
Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to