CanAm's new SxS??????? take a look....

Started by dirtycruiser, May 13, 2009, 08:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

IXIswamperIXI

?!?

New for 2011

The soon to be released 2011 model lineup is sure to shock the current ATV and UTV industry. When Polaris Industries introduced the Ranger RZR model in 2008, they changed the way side by side vehicles were perceived. No longer were they just considered farm implements or job site work vehicle, they brought the "Sport" aspect to the market. Once again they are changing the market for 2011 with their new RZR lineup. Polaris is carrying over the names and models from the 2010 model year, but each model is getting a few substantial changes due to more competition from other manufacturers.

The 2011 standard RZR will still be 50" trail compliant, but it will be getting upgrades in a few departments. There will be 3 motor choices for the 2011 RZR, an EFI 500cc twin cylinder will be offered with a base price of $6799.

This new economy based RZR is for the owner who wants a sporty side by side but doesn't want the high price that comes along with one. The 800 H.O. engine will be the standard motor in the new RZR, which is carried over from the previous model year RZR-S.

And an all new EFI 950 (941cc) twin cylinder power plant will be available in the spring of 2011 for the Limited Edition and Special edition RZR's (pricing is TBD).

All of the 2011 RZR's feature an all new frame, which is 6" longer than the previous models to accommodate the new engine choices. Polaris engineers boast that the new frame is 60% stronger than the previous models. The 2011 Polaris RZR-S, and RZR-4 share the option of the 950 engine along with the SE and LE RZR's, along with the 800 H.O. engine from previous model years.

The suspension travel is increased to 14" on both models due to a new trailing arm setup in the rear, and longer A arms in the front. All 2011 RZR models will have a ROPS certified roll cage made from 1 3/4" chromoly tubing, along with 4 point racing harness style restraints. A few cosmetic changes are evident on all new models which include new styled plastic fenders, a redesigned roll cage, and a more aggressive styled front end.

The new Polaris 950 engine is going to be used in multiple platforms, from the Ranger RZR models to the new 3 wheel "Striker" road bike, which will be released in the summer of 2010. The 950 engine is rated at an impressive 97 horsepower and 76 ft-lbs of torque."

Read more at http://forums.atvconnection.com/polaris/328931-if-true-reading-rzr-2011-info-new-engine-950cc-more-info.html?ktrack=kcplink
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Johnny Rotten

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on December 21, 2010, 02:54:14 PM
?!?

New for 2011

The soon to be released 2011 model lineup is sure to shock the current ATV and UTV industry. When Polaris Industries introduced the Ranger RZR model in 2008, they changed the way side by side vehicles were perceived. No longer were they just considered farm implements or job site work vehicle, they brought the "Sport" aspect to the market. Once again they are changing the market for 2011 with their new RZR lineup. Polaris is carrying over the names and models from the 2010 model year, but each model is getting a few substantial changes due to more competition from other manufacturers.

The 2011 standard RZR will still be 50" trail compliant, but it will be getting upgrades in a few departments. There will be 3 motor choices for the 2011 RZR, an EFI 500cc twin cylinder will be offered with a base price of $6799.

This new economy based RZR is for the owner who wants a sporty side by side but doesn't want the high price that comes along with one. The 800 H.O. engine will be the standard motor in the new RZR, which is carried over from the previous model year RZR-S.

And an all new EFI 950 (941cc) twin cylinder power plant will be available in the spring of 2011 for the Limited Edition and Special edition RZR's (pricing is TBD).

All of the 2011 RZR's feature an all new frame, which is 6" longer than the previous models to accommodate the new engine choices. Polaris engineers boast that the new frame is 60% stronger than the previous models. The 2011 Polaris RZR-S, and RZR-4 share the option of the 950 engine along with the SE and LE RZR's, along with the 800 H.O. engine from previous model years.

The suspension travel is increased to 14" on both models due to a new trailing arm setup in the rear, and longer A arms in the front. All 2011 RZR models will have a ROPS certified roll cage made from 1 3/4" chromoly tubing, along with 4 point racing harness style restraints. A few cosmetic changes are evident on all new models which include new styled plastic fenders, a redesigned roll cage, and a more aggressive styled front end.

The new Polaris 950 engine is going to be used in multiple platforms, from the Ranger RZR models to the new 3 wheel "Striker" road bike, which will be released in the summer of 2010. The 950 engine is rated at an impressive 97 horsepower and 76 ft-lbs of torque."

Read more at http://forums.atvconnection.com/polaris/328931-if-true-reading-rzr-2011-info-new-engine-950cc-more-info.html?ktrack=kcplink

That was a spoof.  Someone put it on the Wiki site last year.  The 2011s didn't come with any of that stuff...  Have to wait until 1.1.11 for the true new polaris product.
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

IXIswamperIXI

The more I thought about it I kinda thought it wasn't right.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Johnny Rotten

#30
It might not be far off with the 950 and the 6" larger frame.  People are saying they have seen a larger RZR testing.  We'll see.
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Johnny Rotten

Quote from: rzr ridr on November 23, 2010, 09:33:15 AM
Come on Toy_Doctor its on sat I challenge you to a duel on the mx track at the motoplex ;D lets see what that rzr eater can do ;D ;D ;D ILL show you what the slozr has to offer rolback1 rolback1

I'm still not sure the CommanderX can take a RZRs on a track.

RANGER RZR® S Side x Side vs Can-Am® Commander™

I know this is Polaris bias but this is the way I drive my RZR.  In the 2+ years I have had it I've never drag raced anyone on a flat even surface..? I just wanted to see a shootout on an everyday driving condition.
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Johnny Rotten

2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com