Croom Camping

Started by KFX400 NPR, November 30, 2010, 12:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KFX400 NPR

I did use the search before i get flamed but all the post were years ago and did not answer my questions  ::)  I was thinking about camping at croom but did not know how it worked tried to ask this weekend but the rangers seemed real busy so thought I would get some rider feedback.  Here are my question

1. Cost per night?
2. Can you use a tent or d you need a rv/camper?
3. How do you get to the camping area and were do you pay if you want to camp I have seen it on my quad but not usre how to get there by vehicle/
4. How secure is it form older post I found read a bunch about bikes getting stolen right next to people sleeping.
5. What do you think of the campground and do you recommend it.

Thanks for the info and help
Dan

KFX400 NPR


jayman

since no one has answered as of yet I will chime in  :D



Just go camp at Dirty Foot....I can answer all of your questions then  ;)
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

KFX400 NPR

as soon as my sons gets his 90 for Christmas we are heading to DF to camp ;)

zman03

I sent you a pm and yes it is secure now that they close the gate at 6 pm
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

tekhanto

OK ok I'm in the dark what is Dirty Foot ????
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

mrbones

Quote from: KFX400 NPR on November 30, 2010, 12:53:31 AM
1. Cost per night?
2. Can you use a tent or d you need a rv/camper?
3. How do you get to the camping area and were do you pay if you want to camp I have seen it on my quad but not usre how to get there by vehicle/
4. How secure is it form older post I found read a bunch about bikes getting stolen right next to people sleeping.
5. What do you think of the campground and do you recommend it.

I will answer these the best i can.

1. Not sure on cost, call the Croom office. 352-797-5759
2. You can use either tent or rv/camper
3. Pay at the gate, take the main road all the way until it ends.
4. I don't know about the security. Put a lock on your ATV to be safe.
5. It's a nice campground with lots of trees. There are bathrooms and two exits to the trails. It sits right next to a kids mini area that's nice if you have kids.

Croom brochure and map link: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/pdfs/with_croom_motor.pdf

Hope this helps you a bit. No one should flame anyone for asking questions. Thanks for asking them.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon