40th Annual Pumpkin Run

Started by AMC, September 25, 2010, 06:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMC

I figured out how to post the event flyer....I think


AMC

Just got off the phone with the trail boss.

Looks like there is going to be closer to 30 miles of trail this year....... ;D

Who's ready to do some RIDIN?

AMC

For anyone who has already registered on line, remember to print out your email confirmation to serve as your gate pass.

Adam King

Not to be the one pointing out the irony but the flyer says must wear helmet when riding...........but the photos you posted has noone wearing helmets...................just sayin.

AMC

I take it you have never been to an ATV event?

Have you ever been to a Pumpkin Run?

There will be a placard at the gate Advising participants of our "helmet" and "passanger policy".

Before you can enter the property each participant will sign an "assumption of risk" liability waiver.

This should alert anyone who values their own safety, and realizes that the burden of consequences are placed solely upon themselves to take the appropriate action to insure their safety.

I'm not to sure how to politely address your concern, but I hope you can read between the lines here.







Adam King

Sorry man.............I was just givin you a hard time. Diddn't think you were gonna be so serious about it.  :T

AMC

No problem man.

If you're interested in going, there will be one complementary ticket at the front gate for you.

Just shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the details.

You will have to pay the $5 gate fee (everybody but the land owner and club members have to pay that)


The trails are starting to dry up, but the mud hole in the pit will be plenty full.

I got some more pictures that I will upload this evening.

asmart82

How do I come by one of those complimentary tickets?!  ;D

AMC

Here are a few pictures of the property........










Adam King

pm sent. apprecieate that. ill be sure to bring my helmet. ;)

AMC

Riddin starts tomorrow at 3:00

Come to the riders meeting at 5:00pm for details of how to get a refund of your $25 entry fee.........that's right, CASH back...

First 104 people to sign up for the poker run at the gate, which will start at 1:00pm Saturday from the T-shirt trailer area.

If you can balance your bike on the "Quad'r-Todder" for a 3 second count win a free T-shirt

Water wheelie contest will be held at the water run Saturday morning at 11:00am winner by popular vote, 2X4 and 4X4 class, both win a T-shirt.

Obsticale course in the mud, pull-in a tractor tire, 10:00am

Lots of stuff to do this year, just look for the Apollo Event Team staff with the Bright orange shirts.

Now,.........LET'S GET MUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

AMC

Woooooo!!! That was Fun..........

I hope everyone enjoyed the run.

Anyone have any feed back for me??????

I'll tell ya what though,.....I'm tired

asmart82

Dave,

I had a blast, as usual.  I do have some feedback. During the poker run it was very hard to find the people giving out the cards.  I believe I missed 1 of the people because it looked as though a bunch of people were stuck in the mud and trying to get out, but I think they were actually getting their card.  I finished the run and went back through but all the card holders were gone.

I would recommend having a big sign or something that makes it obvious where to stop to get your card.

My last recommendation is to do a rain dance before each Rabbit/Pumpkin run!!!!

I really enjoyed the new trails. It was really neat looking back and seeing other riders in the distance on the dark trail that had a wood line on your right side and the open field on the left!

Thanks again for the ticket and I will be back for the Rabbit Run!

AMC

Aaron,

You're more than welcome, it was a pleaseant surprise to see you walk all the way across the compound to thank me, I only wish there were more like you who are appreciative and offer feed back wether good or bad, that is the only way to improve on what will come of next years event.

The poker run was an idea inspired by one of our long time members who gave me the drive to make it happen, I myself had never been in a poker run or even participated in one, I could not have pulled it off without the help of the members who volunteered to go out and mark the cards and I even went to collect the bags and complete the north loop to find folks who might have missed the mud hole stop. (for those that finished without the pink mark, I allowed them to draw from that bag at the finish).

Next year will be a little more organized with a handout at the gate of times of things that are going on, like the water wheelie contest, a couple of our dirt bike dudes went down with a hand full of T-shirts and made that happen, can't thank them enough.

As for the rain dance......It actually rained Thursday night/Friday morning...about a half an inch, which made it much more tolerable than it would have been.

Hopefully the rain will bless us again during the Rabbit Run, because if you missed last year, you missed an excellent run.




Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com